This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#940454 by SoiDog
31 Dec 2017, 15:48
Just on VS 127 to JFK from MAN. One of the crew as told me that there will be a Clubhouse at Manchester in the next couple of years when the redevelopment of T2 is well underway/finished. Also, there appears to be a staffing commitment to MAN. Good news for us Northerners.
#940456 by Kraken
31 Dec 2017, 19:25
Good to hear crew talking about a Clubhouse at MAN (even it has been unofficial common knowledge for a while).

Given VS's expansion at MAN on non-leisure routes, it was only a matter of time before they had to up their game on the lounge offering for UC / FC Gold pax. With T2 as it was they could - truthfully - say "there is no room for a Clubhouse". Once the T2 expansion starts to come on stream there will be lots of new space & VS, with multiple flights a day are a good contender for lounge space.

That said, there will be stiff competition for prime lounge space from the likes of Emirates & Etihad. Both have lounges in prime locations in T1 with great airfield views - if this bit of T1 is included in the demolition plans then I can see them wanting similar space in a redeveloped T2/3... and their chequebook will probably be bigger than VS's.
#940466 by horburyflyer
01 Jan 2018, 01:43
Indeed. I'd expect a further announcement in the next few months about a Clubhouse at MAN and possibly details of potential future growth in 2019.

The airport development works which are advancing quite well, will dictate exactly when it will happen, but I know VS are very keen for it to happen the soonest it's possible.

I've seen a list of the all the confirmed airline lounges for MAN and a VS Clubhouse and a Vroom are on the list as part of the development works, so as James says we know it will happen, just exactly when is not yet clear, but like I say I'd expect more news on this and possible further Manchester developments for VS in the next few months if not sooner.

Happy New Year everyone.

Jon
#940469 by SoiDog
01 Jan 2018, 02:42
Kraken wrote:Good to hear crew talking about a Clubhouse at MAN (even it has been unofficial common knowledge for a while).

Given VS's expansion at MAN on non-leisure routes, it was only a matter of time before they had to up their game on the lounge offering for UC / FC Gold pax. With T2 as it was they could - truthfully - say "there is no room for a Clubhouse". Once the T2 expansion starts to come on stream there will be lots of new space & VS, with multiple flights a day are a good contender for lounge space.

That said, there will be stiff competition for prime lounge space from the likes of Emirates & Etihad. Both have lounges in prime locations in T1 with great airfield views - if this bit of T1 is included in the demolition plans then I can see them wanting similar space in a redeveloped T2/3... and their chequebook will probably be bigger than VS's.

Also, Oneworld maybe - Cathay and Qatar are already there....maybe American (If they still hang on to their TATL routes)
#940474 by Kraken
01 Jan 2018, 15:27
SoiDog wrote:Also, Oneworld maybe - Cathay and Qatar are already there....maybe American (If they still hang on to their TATL routes)

That would require quite a bit of terminal-jigging. Cathay are in T2, Qatar in T1 and American in T3. Of course, once all the work is complete T1 will cease to exist & T2 & T3 will effectively become one terminal with an airside link (or at least that is the plan).

When the new space for lounges starts to become available it will be interesting to see who gets it first. The existing lounges in T2 are in the part of T2 that is remaining relatively untouched. Will MAG (Manchester Airport Group) bag some of the new space for a second / replacement Escape Lounge? (Escape Lounges are owned & run by MAG). Or will they let airlines take the space, which will in turn free up capacity in the Escape Lounge for more paying passengers?
Virgin Atlantic