This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#934125 by DocRo
05 Apr 2017, 23:35
Thanks for that
Interesting article and good to see the new pics
Just hope I get a post refurb 330 on VS 126 in July
#934138 by DocRo
06 Apr 2017, 16:55
Didn't know you could tell so far ahead.
If it is, enjoy and post some pics please.

I expect next one will head to Xiamen in the next week unless being held back for Easter Break
#934216 by SuttonTravel
09 Apr 2017, 11:54
HWVlover wrote:
SuttonTravel wrote:**First Post - New Member**

I'm on the 97 to UVF on 30th April, which is also currently showing a 1-1-1, so if this remains the case, and no-one else has taken any pics, then I'll upload some of the new UC cabin. It's a great big IF at this stage, whether or not the aircraft will be a refitted one.

Me too.
And welcome to V-flyer.
:D

It looks like VSXY has operated the VS97 today (9th), and also last Sunday (2nd), so fingers crossed this pattern continues for a further 4 weeks!!!
#934368 by DocRo
13 Apr 2017, 08:26
Wow!
She was there for 4 weeks- I wonder what happened
I guess the estimate of half the 330s being done before the summer is way out :-(
#934372 by mitchja
13 Apr 2017, 09:46
Apparently the A330's are supposed to be getting the Upper Class cabin refit at the same time the aircraft are due their scheduled major D-Check (the big check where the entire aircraft is basically taken apart, checked and re-built every 6 years).

This takes about 4 weeks to complete.

Something obviously didn't go quite to plan with the cabin re-fit of KSS, maybe the new seats or cabin fittings where not available?

I presume VS will now have to schedule the cabin refit for KSS at a later date (though I don't think that will take 4 weeks to complete).
#934488 by HWVlover
17 Apr 2017, 11:01
rolandrat wrote:Damn it, g-vsxy has missed the vs97/98 route this Sunday, replaced by g-vluv, hope it falls back into line again!

Oh no!!!
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Although, quite frankly, for a couple of weeks at my favourite hotel, I would happily travel in the hold.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
#934543 by Marmite2017
20 Apr 2017, 13:45
Not sure if anyone can answer my question but I have just got a great price to upgrade form PE to UC the seat map shows the new lay out with 3 aisle s of seats. So I am I correct that this is the new refit of UC ?
#934544 by SlimpyJones
20 Apr 2017, 14:50
Hi Marmite, welcome to the forum!

Yes if the aircraft is an A330-300 with 3 aisles of seats (10 rows in A & K, 11 rows in G) then that is a refitted version :)
#934550 by gumshoe
20 Apr 2017, 19:18
However there is absolutely no guarantee that you'll get a newly refitted plane. The seat map could revert back to the old layout at any time and if it does, there's a risk your chosen seats will be lost and you'll have to choose again (but you won't be told, it'll be up to you to monitor it).
#934554 by vic110
20 Apr 2017, 21:21
vic110 wrote:Just checked the seat map for our flight from Man-SFO on Friday and its changed to the old 4 row seat map. Looks like we're not on the new A330 now. It still shows the 3 rows for our return flight though so hopefully it will be a new one for that flight.

Well we have returned now and unfortunately it was not on a re-fitted plane either way. The seat plan for both only changed a day or so before the date, so if you are going soon keep checking the seatplan as our seats were changed at the last minute.
I will try and do a trip report soon.
#934558 by DocRo
20 Apr 2017, 23:43
virginboy747 wrote:G-VGEM has been refitted and due back on 26th and G-VLUV is heading out for her refit on 23rd

Thanks for the info. Any insider knowledge on when they are going to send a refit 330 to Manchester?
#934564 by SuttonTravel
21 Apr 2017, 11:28
vic110 wrote:
vic110 wrote:Just checked the seat map for our flight from Man-SFO on Friday and its changed to the old 4 row seat map. Looks like we're not on the new A330 now. It still shows the 3 rows for our return flight though so hopefully it will be a new one for that flight.

Well we have returned now and unfortunately it was not on a re-fitted plane either way. The seat plan for both only changed a day or so before the date, so if you are going soon keep checking the seatplan as our seats were changed at the last minute.

As the seating plan only changed a day or so prior to departure, were you automatically allocated new seats, or were you in rows 1-8 to start off with, therefore the same numbers remaining in place? I'm assuming that if you are allocated in rows 9-11 on the 'refitted' seat-map, then you are then allocated a spare 'D' seat, anywhere in the UC cabin???
#934572 by vic110
21 Apr 2017, 20:51
SuttonTravel wrote:
vic110 wrote:

As the seating plan only changed a day or so prior to departure, were you automatically allocated new seats, or were you in rows 1-8 to start off with, therefore the same numbers remaining in place? I'm assuming that if you are allocated in rows 9-11 on the 'refitted' seat-map, then you are then allocated a spare 'D' seat, anywhere in the UC cabin???

We had seats 4,5,6,and 7 k on the 3 row map, 2 of these were changed to middle seats initially but I managed to change these back to our original seats. Not sure why they were changed though as there was no real reason to change them.
#934573 by Blitzen
21 Apr 2017, 21:11
Had 3 seats on the A side (3A/4A/5A) on the 789 when they changed to the 330 retrofit they messed it up (even as the same seats were available) when they changed to the 330 with 1-2-1 the messed it up again (assigned 3AEF or so) even as the original chose seats were available. Each time I could change them but not sure why it was needed the computer should have kept the seats when changing the aircraft
Virgin Atlantic