#941131 by gumshoe
23 Jan 2018, 22:03
Do you mean what is now the BA lounge? If so, no - that space used to be the V-Room, No.1 Lounge and Frankie & Benny’s.

The old VS Clubhouse was used as an emergency lounge by BA for a few days after the terminal move a year ago as their new lounges weren’t ready on time but I don’t think it’s been used since - happy to be corrected though.
#941132 by gilly
23 Jan 2018, 22:06
Ahh, my mistake. I knew it was something to do with VS.

Thanks for the correct info :-D
#941138 by tontybear
24 Jan 2018, 09:44
gumshoe wrote:Do you mean what is now the BA lounge? If so, no - that space used to be the V-Room, No.1 Lounge and Frankie & Benny’s.

The old VS Clubhouse was used as an emergency lounge by BA for a few days after the terminal move a year ago as their new lounges weren’t ready on time but I don’t think it’s been used since - happy to be corrected though.

The map on the LGW website says it is 'under development'

I was told last year than the temporary BA 'speedy bird' (sic) lounge that was the VS CH was previously (as the check-in lady pronounced it) the old BO-AC lounge so it had gone full circle!

I may be getting my geography wrong but isn't the BA lounge on the other side of the terminal to where the old V-Room was? The lifts up to it are the opposite side than old CH and I remember it's only around the corner to the BA lounge from the lifts not a long walk back across to the other side.
#941143 by Hamster
24 Jan 2018, 11:33
Just to clarify, the BA First and Club lounges are fully open at Gatwick.
#941194 by gilly
26 Jan 2018, 21:49
OK, sorry, I know I’m being dense, so where exactly is the BA Club Lounge?
#941214 by sungod
27 Jan 2018, 14:47
a bit off topic, does anyone know if there're copies of the international new york times in the BA lounge at LGW?

i suspect not, but as availability in the various wh smiths outlets gets worse every year, i wondered if i could save myself the usual trek around both levels in the hope of finding a copy!
Virgin Atlantic