#945146 by gilly
20 Jul 2018, 06:38
Does anyone have any idea which gate BA typically use for Larnaca and therefore which lounge is best to use? We are on an early flight so won’t have lots of time to run back and forth, but we’d like to have time for some breakfast.
#945147 by gumshoe
20 Jul 2018, 07:26
Most European flights leave from Terminal 5A - the main building - where you’ve the choice of the North or South lounges.

But there’s no such thing as a regular gate at Heathrow so it’s impossible to say in advance which lounge will be most convenient.

And it’s not out of the question that your flight will leave from T5B (where there’s another lounge) or T5C.
#945165 by lynnewob
21 Jul 2018, 05:36
Be aware on T5 check in times. Our recent flight in CE to Copenhagen was 0705. As i wanted to do some shopping and have lounge time, arrived at 0405, only to find the bag drop desks didn't open until 0430 and that seemed to be Madrid only as the flight left at something like 0605.

We were waiting in the Club bag drop area queue and noticed the non-club lines appeared to be moving after Madrid had been cleared. I enquired with a staff member, only to be told the Club desks don't open until 0500. Live and learn, next time I'll wait in the normal queue to bag drop earlier.

Our flight did leave from the A gates which made life a lot easier. We just used Galleries South for ease and it wasn't too busy early on a Friday morning.
#945167 by NYLON
21 Jul 2018, 08:33
gilly wrote:Does anyone have any idea which gate BA typically use for Larnaca and therefore which lounge is best to use? We are on an early flight so won’t have lots of time to run back and forth, but we’d like to have time for some breakfast.

My guess is you'll be in T5A. You can always ask at check-in where the system is suggesting your gate will most likely be, and make an informed choice.

In any case, I'd head to Galleries North, as it's much less hassle physically getting in there (no endless escalators), and tends to be quieter in the 'outdoor' section (which is the only part of either T5A Club lounges which feels relaxing to me).

If you are 'lucky' enough to depart from T5B, then the lounge in that satellite is the most pleasant of the three T5 BA Club lounges.
#945171 by gilly
21 Jul 2018, 12:12
Thanks everyone. We’ll hope for T5B then.

Thanks Lynne, I found that out to my cost a few years ago flying to join QV. We were there dead on 4am, from the Sofitel, only to wait for an hour, and in fact that day there were even a bit late opening! We will still get there a bit early, but nearer 4.45 now for our 7.15 flight.
#945172 by NYLON
21 Jul 2018, 13:33
Enjoy!

There is of course the option of not going into any of the BA lounges, and heading off to one of the public T5 eateries - my preferred choice - (The BA Concorde Room is the only exception)! Obviously that's very subjective.

One other option: do you have access to the Plaza Premium lounge in T5? That is a genuinely pleasant, tranquil place with pretty good nosh. The most obvious way would be if you have an Amex Platinum card.
#945178 by gilly
21 Jul 2018, 18:32
NYLON wrote:Enjoy!

There is of course the option of not going into any of the BA lounges, and heading off to one of the public T5 eateries - my preferred choice - (The BA Concorde Room is the only exception)! Obviously that's very subjective.

One other option: do you have access to the Plaza Premium lounge in T5? That is a genuinely pleasant, tranquil place with pretty good nosh. The most obvious way would be if you have an Amex Platinum card.

Afraid not, just flying CE.
#945194 by Hamster
22 Jul 2018, 10:51
Bag drop for the 07:15 Larnaca opened at 04:45 today.
#945241 by gilly
24 Jul 2018, 10:34
Hamster wrote:Bag drop for the 07:15 Larnaca opened at 04:45 today.

Thank you, that’s helpful.
Virgin Atlantic