#946433 by 747Rich
05 Oct 2018, 11:12
Morning all,

My recent flight from TPA to LGW was cancelled due to a technical fault and we were booked on a flight 24 hours later.

I have submitted my claim to BA and they have agreed to pay out the 600 Euros, plus receipts for lunch, dinner and overnight accommodation.

They haven't agreed to pay the additional charges for an extra day car hire and the extra day parking at Gatwick, they told me I should claim on my travel insurance. Can any of you kind people advise if you have had a similar circumstance and if I should push back at them and try and get this paid?
#946438 by gumshoe
05 Oct 2018, 12:52
No. Airlines won’t pay for incidental costs arising from delays. That’s what travel insurance is for.
#946444 by Hamster
05 Oct 2018, 20:16
As Gumshoe has said, airlines wont pay out of consequential losses and its down to travel insurance to cover them.
#946482 by VS075
09 Oct 2018, 13:16
Definitely travel insurance for the car hire and extra day's parking. I recently when my flight was delayed 24 hours, but luckily I had booked parking at LPL through Holiday Extras and paid a couple of pounds extra for late arrival cover, so I just made a claim, sent them the receipt and they paid me back for the extra day's parking without fuss.
Virgin Atlantic