#949310 by Hamster
18 Mar 2019, 11:18
So now that BA have announced their new Club seat (one of many websites covering it), it will be interesting to see how Virgin's compares on 8th April (if not before...)

I find it slightly odd how BA released details first despite it arriving later.

#949311 by Traveller2
18 Mar 2019, 11:22
At long last, no more scrabbling over other seats to gain aisle access, a lot more privacy for aisle seat passengers and nobody sitting backwards! This has to be a massive improvement for BA Club World?
#949312 by Hamster
18 Mar 2019, 11:39
Many current Club World fans will point out the 'issues' with the new seat (feet enclosed is one)...
#949319 by tontybear
18 Mar 2019, 13:09
This looks to be a really good seat. I have no problem with having a 'foot coffin' as the disadvantates of that are far outweighed by the other benefits such as direct aisle access.

BA have really upped their game with this seat but they need to back it up with investment in cleaning and maintenance to keep them in good condition. The length of time to roll it out will also be a concern - Alex Cruz has already said BA expects customer satisfaction to go down when people see they aren't on a new seat flight.

VS will have an advantage over BA in that with a smaller fleet rollout will be much quicker and they may nab some BA customers.
#949320 by SlimpyJones
18 Mar 2019, 13:21
Credit where it is due, this does look very good.

I wondered if this reveal from BA was accelerated following the announcement of the VS reveal in a couple of weeks.
#949321 by Hamster
18 Mar 2019, 13:28
tontybear wrote:VS will have an advantage over BA in that with a smaller fleet rollout will be much quicker and they may nab some BA customers.

Last I had heard (though a little while ago now) was that VS wont be retrofitting their new seat to the existing fleet.
#949329 by mitchja
18 Mar 2019, 15:42
I'm still not convinced by the whole cabin / privacy door thing though on any airline. Not sure I want to feel that isolated and closed off sat in what essentially is just a box for the entire flight?

Going forwards, I suspect this may well be the start of the end for BA's First cabins as well. I think the days of First Class on most airlines is well and truly over now.
#949333 by Hamster
18 Mar 2019, 17:27
BA will still fly F for many years, but with a reduced number of seats. A new F seat will be coming in a few years.
#949334 by gumshoe
18 Mar 2019, 17:56
mitchja wrote:I'm still not convinced by the whole cabin / privacy door thing though on any airline. Not sure I want to feel that isolated and closed off sat in what essentially is just a box for the entire flight?

Having sampled Qatar’s Q Suite, I didn’t find being isolated a problem! It knocks the socks off anything BA or VS will ever offer.
#949340 by djack8
18 Mar 2019, 20:57
gumshoe wrote:
mitchja wrote:I'm still not convinced by the whole cabin / privacy door thing though on any airline. Not sure I want to feel that isolated and closed off sat in what essentially is just a box for the entire flight?

Having sampled Qatar’s Q Suite, I didn’t find being isolated a problem! It knocks the socks off anything BA or VS will ever offer.

Having flown both UC and CW many times, I can confirm that Qatar's Q Suite knocks the socks off both!! There was no comparison imo.

Dan
Virgin Atlantic