#953250 by Concorde RIP
25 Nov 2019, 21:20
Hi folks - haven't posted for a while but looking to tap in to the vast knowledge on here once again.

Looking at OneWorld flights with a stop over in JFK or BOS and will probably need to overnight there.

Anyone have thoughts/experience of:
- The TWA hotel at JFK
- The Hilton on Hyatt Harborside hotels at BOS?

Really, just thoughts on the hotels themselves but also ease of trnasfer etc, walkable? Complementary vans?

Many thanks in advance!
#953260 by VSSCC
26 Nov 2019, 20:49
I've stayed at the Hyatt Harborside@BOS many times.

Lovely hotel with rooms that either give you a beautiful harbor/city view or a full airport runway view depending on what you prefer.

Its less than 5 minutes from the airport via complimentary shuttle that runs every 15 minutes via all terminals.

Depending on the time of year they have a great outdoor set up in the summer for evening drinks or breakfast buffet overlooking the harbor and the city.
#953291 by PeterStansfield
29 Nov 2019, 11:42
We're staying at the TWA hotel in late January, so I can report back then.
Since we've got a nearly 24 hr layover, we're planning to go into Manhattan by Skytrain, and BLADE back. It will be one of the few times that BLADE makes sense to us - ie when we haven't got any baggage (that will be stored at the TWA hotel)

Peter
#953292 by slinky09
29 Nov 2019, 12:36
Same sentiment about the Hyatt BOS but no experience of TWA - however do note that other JFK hotels that advertise themselves as on site are actually a schlepp away and non, in my experience, are nice at all
#953990 by woralla
26 Jan 2020, 12:51
I stayed at the TWA hotel a couple of weeks ago. It is amazing! Lots of exhibitions about the history of TWA from crew uniforms to the plans for the original TWA Flight Center. The rooftop pool is pretty cool. It was fairly cold and windy when I was there, so I didn’t use the pool, but I did spend some time up there watching takeoffs and landings from the runways. I’ll definitely go back in warmer weather to properly enjoy the rooftop!
I made a video, which is over on YouTube.

I also stayed at the Boston Airport Hilton back in September. That’s were I edited together most of my video of the new Upper Class on the A350 inaugural flight. It’s a pretty standard hotel but does have walkways linking it directly to the terminals. There’s a video of that also over on YouTube.
Virgin Atlantic