#953489 by Vegascrazy
30 Dec 2019, 23:31
I learned something new today. Checked in for BA flight SAN-LHR, had expected myself and partner to have TSA-Pre showing on our boarding cards, as we do. But parents-in-law also have it, even though they've not got Global Entry. I asked a friend who said yes that's the norm, everyone on same booking gets TSA-Pre provided one person is entitled! Not sure if this is just with BA or other airlines too?
#953493 by tontybear
31 Dec 2019, 10:29
generally it's granted to children and 'seniors' - both supposed to be of less risk - but I've also seen reports that this perk is ending because Pre is busy enough with the people who paid for it and went through the vetting and there have been complaints about non cleared people using it and because they are less familiar with the different Pre rules they clog up the system because they want to take their shoes off and take electronics and toiletries out of their bags.
#953494 by gumshoe
31 Dec 2019, 11:52
Seems utterly mad to me. TSA-Pre is supposed to be for trusted travellers who’ve either been personally vetted or otherwise deemed a low security risk.

Other people on their bookings have not, yet will apparently avoid a thorough screening.

Yes, much airport security is theatre but if people with nefarious intentions can find a loophole, you can bet they’ll try to exploit it at some point and we could have another 9/11.
#953496 by chumba
31 Dec 2019, 21:20
It’s happened for me travelling on VS the last two years. I have GE the rest of the family don’t.

We left From JFK August 2018 and when we checked in we all (4 of us on the same booking ) had TSA-PRE on our boarding cards. We were travelling in upper so I thought at the time it might be to do with that. But August 2019 travelling from MCO In PE, again we all (4) had it. Certainly helped at MCO ! :)
#953498 by CHill710
01 Jan 2020, 14:04
I have flown with others in my family who have had TSA Pre when with me. Interestingly they have also been Pre checked on Subsequent trips without me. (I have Global entry they do not)
Virgin Atlantic