#741449 by mjwoodrow
02 Apr 2010, 00:03
I was flying to EDI with BMI on Monday. The flight was full due to all the BA flight being cancelled.

However, what was interesting was that BMI were openly offering "Status Matching" i.e. Silver to Silver or Gold to Gold - obviously aimed at BA customers but when I enquired they said it was for all non-star alliance cards.

The main advantage that I can see would be getting a BMI Gold Diamond Club Card also gives you Star Alliance Gold access - more lounges and airlines to choose from - when VS doesn't go there!

Hopefully this will be of interest to some of you.

As it happened I had already gotten BMI Gold a week ago having called BMI on the off chance :| of them matching my VS AU - which they happily did when I sent them a copy of my card and past 6 months mileage statement)
#741460 by Scrooge
02 Apr 2010, 10:13
At this point, BD will status match just about anyone, the route system has been gutted to the point where BD really isn't an option to many people anymore, as I have said, it's a shame to see what was once a great small airline in this state.
#748739 by hat
24 Jun 2010, 19:43
mjwoodrow wrote:

As it happened I had already gotten BMI Gold a week ago having called BMI on the off chance :| of them matching my VS AU - which they happily did when I sent them a copy of my card and past 6 months mileage statement)

who did you ring to get this? my VS trips are almost always accompanied by a BMI connection from Manchester but they're only worth a handfull of miles per trip
#748744 by mjwoodrow
24 Jun 2010, 20:19
Just the customer relations team - details can be found here http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/contact-us/customer-relations.aspx