#754989 by tontybear
09 Sep 2010, 19:36
This could be expected of another nameless LCC but not a reputable airline like BMI Baby

(edited to sort out url error - sorry !)
Last edited by tontybear on 09 Sep 2010, 20:44, edited 2 times in total.
#755002 by tontybear
09 Sep 2010, 20:44
Just sorted !

sorry for confusion !
#755009 by LV Jay
09 Sep 2010, 21:43
Have just seen this story on Watchdog! :0

I am sure that BMI Baby knew about this a while ago, but as it was such a good revenue stream, they left it alone.

Generally, I am quite supportive of the LCC, last year, I flew easyJet 14 times up and down from LGW to EDI and never had any issues, was never once asked to have my carry on checked for size
#755012 by DragonLady
09 Sep 2010, 21:48
I got stung with this on bmibaby when I went to visit DL the Elder in Spain last year (flying from CWL). The check -in gauge happily accommodated my Travelpro pull- along but they made me put it in another (much smaller) gauge at the gate. Needless to say it wouldn't fit and they dismissed my assertation that the case hadn't grown in dimension in the few hundred yards I'd travelled since check in (the agent virtually called me a liar).My request for them to bring up the check in gauge was refused. I was fleeced out of roughly £30 for the priviledge of them putting it in the hold (to join the larger case I'd pre-paid for). Lots of other passengers were similarly affected and the flight was over an hour late leaving as a consequence.
This has been a nice little revenue earner for them v( .
DL
#755018 by honey lamb
09 Sep 2010, 23:19
I have a friend who received a lifetime ban from Ryanair for the same reason. Her carry-on was accepted at the gauge at check-in but was refused at the gate in Stansted. She argued the toss and was denied boarding and given the ban!

I opined she was lucky!

She has since flown Ryanair successfully to LGW (and I think but can't be sure, to STN ii) )
#755019 by pjh
09 Sep 2010, 23:49
LV Jay wrote:Have just seen this story on Watchdog! :0

I am sure that BMI Baby knew about this a while ago, but as it was such a good revenue stream, they left it alone.

Generally, I am quite supportive of the LCC, last year, I flew easyJet 14 times up and down from LGW to EDI and never had any issues, was never once asked to have my carry on checked for size

True, but I wish they *would* check (in a fair and consistent manner). I am fed up of the delay caused by passengers attempting to load steamer trunks into the overhead locker. Having already paid for hold luggage, I get extremely p*ssed off when asked to put my laptop under the seat in front so as to accommodate the baggage of others.
#755025 by slinky09
10 Sep 2010, 07:14
They should put coin slots on the overhead bins and let people put what they want in there
Virgin Atlantic