#793908 by Sealink
18 Oct 2011, 09:12
Here's a little glimpse into the malaise that appears to be affecting bmi.

As you know I have booked flights to Belfast City with them in February.
You can now prebook lounge access with your ticket (but if you want to add it later, you have to jump through through rings, and even that's no guarantee.)

The confirmation email includes information about your destination and covers different categories. Here's the categories and the information you get when you click on the link:

Destination Guide

Belfast City, United Kingdom
The port city of Belfast is one of Europe's most up and coming destinations with a vibrant new fashion, design and restaurant scene, as well as a wealth of cultural attractions.

Overview
404 Page Not Found - bmi
The page you have requested can not be found.
Either the page is not available or the URL you entered is wrong.

Fastfacts
404 Page Not Found - bmi

Arrive
404 Page Not Found - bmi

See
404 Page Not Found - bmi

Eat
404 Page Not Found - bmi

Sleep
404 Page Not Found - bmi

Connect
404 Page Not Found - bmi

Pretty rubbish, and at least two of the above are revenue streams - "arrive" could link to transfer services and "sleep" to a hotel booking website. Which airlines earn £££s from.

Now that's not all. Their wesbite has a snazzy Destination Guide, which actually has the same topics as the ones in the email.

For example:

Overview - has the little summary above.
Fast Facts - currency info, voltage etc. so far so good.

Arrive: Flights to Belfast arrive at Belfast International Airport. The Airport Express 300 bus service (£6) runs 24 hours a day, departing around every ten minutes, with a 30-40 minute journey time into Belfast city centre. Taxis (£25) are available outside the arrivals hall.

This is completely wrong!! Belfast has two airports, and bmi moved to Belfast City Airport in ... wait for it... 2001

See: The Belfast Wheel - this was temporary and was dismantled in 2010.
Sleep: Three hotels suggested, two of the links take you to Old Bookmark
Unfortunately, we can't handle your request. We apologise for the inconvenience.
while one takes you to a booking site.

I emailed bmi about their Belfast City error on Friday. The error has not been rectified.

This seems like an airline asleep.
#794021 by liftsifter
20 Oct 2011, 04:15
That's really a shame, because bmi is a real awesome airline. I think bmi is my favorite night airline, because they know how to keep quite and still keep a smile on their faces even though it might be the middle of the night on their biological clock.

Something tells me bmi isn't going to be flying much longer, at least not under the bmi name.
#794053 by CHill710
20 Oct 2011, 18:18
BD's destination guide is working fine for my trip to Edinburgh on Saturday

link here if it works!!

looks like they may have made a little bit of an upgrade with the map.
#794126 by horburyflyer
23 Oct 2011, 09:59
Bmi was a lovely airline until Lufthansa came in and cut out a huge chunk of business. I use to fly with them such a lot until around 2008.

The days of a seperate business class from LBA-LHR with drinks, a hot meal and free-flowing champagne really see a long time ago. On my flights from LBA-EDI, the early morning flight operated by a Fokker 100 for quite sometime was full with all of the aircraft except the last two rows, operating as business class - those were the days, how people at Bmi must look at the high-points and think "what happened"

I was also lucky to fly to Chicago and Washington a few times from MAN with Bmi and the Business class product with the onboard chef was one of the best back then, its a tragedy what has happened to this once great airline.
Virgin Atlantic