#797139 by Tinkerbelle
06 Dec 2011, 20:57
Universal Studios Hollywood has just announced that Potterland will be built at the park including the Forbidden Journey ride. They haven't announced any other details yet eg opening dates etc.

I'd love to know where they're going to put it in the park, they don't have a great deal of room to play with unless they use some of the studio tour land. It could possibly be even smaller than its Orlando counterpart! :0

Link

Picture from the press conference
#797150 by northernhenry
06 Dec 2011, 22:30
Tinkerbelle wrote:Universal Studios Hollywood has just announced that Potterland will be built at the park including the Forbidden Journey ride. They haven't announced any other details yet eg opening dates etc.

I'd love to know where they're going to put it in the park, they don't have a great deal of room to play with unless they use some of the studio tour land. It could possibly be even smaller than its Orlando counterpart! :0

Link

Picture from the press conference

Ooooh you and me both will be rushing over for the opening of that then... ;)
#797159 by pjh
06 Dec 2011, 23:29
Tinkerbelle wrote:Have just read that the Gibson Amphitheater will be removed to make way for Potterland. I don't know if that means that Waterworld will go as well as that also takes up a lot of room in that corner of the park.

I, for one, welcome a Theme Park dedicated to The Phoenix Club. Looking forward to "Free and Easy Night". y)
#797186 by northernhenry
07 Dec 2011, 12:32
pjh wrote:
Tinkerbelle wrote:Have just read that the Gibson Amphitheater will be removed to make way for Potterland. I don't know if that means that Waterworld will go as well as that also takes up a lot of room in that corner of the park.

I, for one, welcome a Theme Park dedicated to The Phoenix Club. Looking forward to "Free and Easy Night". y)

oo) As long as some additional thought goes into any bouncy castle designs....don't want a repeat of "Sammy the snake" :o)
#797190 by Frenchy78
07 Dec 2011, 13:54
Would space really be an issue for Hollywood's park? A spokesperson in the article seems to suggest that the park lot actually has 200 acres of its total 400 left to develop...

I'm very interested to see also how they plan to expand the Orlando Wizarding World. Absolutely loved it when I went last year but it was so excrutiatingly busy and crowded (which probably wouldn't change, even with an expansion) but more space cannot be a bad thing. Crowds and queues aside, it really was a great theme park and so well done. I assume the Lost World area will be demolished as it had already basically become just a giant queue area for people waiting to enter the Wizarding World anyway.
Virgin Atlantic