#804531 by Fordie
05 Mar 2012, 17:27
Hey peeps!

Ive booked a holiday for september 2013 but wanted to know if it was a good idea?! I've booked to go 3rd september 2013-1st october! has any people been and if so how was it? :)

thanks

Fordie
#804533 by McMaddog
05 Mar 2012, 18:02
I've done that period a couple of times and it was pretty quiet. It is hurricane season though and ended up under curfew which lost us 3 days.
#804536 by Fordie
05 Mar 2012, 18:35
Thanks for your reply :)

Ive been told its quiet but wasn't sure on how quiet it is... and I've been in june & july/august which is still hurricane season. but it was fine luckily
#804541 by stevebrass
05 Mar 2012, 19:58
Yes it should be quiet - but weather may be an issue. Still with a month to go at it you should have plenty of time to enjoy yourselves.
#804563 by Fordie
06 Mar 2012, 01:32
stevebrass wrote:Yes it should be quiet - but weather may be an issue. Still with a month to go at it you should have plenty of time to enjoy yourselves.

I've heard it's pretty muggy around sept?! But I just want to experience it with lesser crowded parks as in June-August some days are just pointless going to the parks so though September was a good chance to go!
#804569 by groovychic71
06 Mar 2012, 09:39
I've been in the first 2 weeks of September. It is very muggy but the parks are empty. You will stand more chance of bad weather in Sptember than June though. We had some rain but nothing worse than that, although hurricane Katrina had just hit the Gulf coast so we were lucky! I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Can't wait intil I go in May! :)
#804571 by Monkey789
06 Mar 2012, 10:30
I've also been in the first 2 weeks of September a few years back and remember it being very muggy. Had a few cracking storms too but nothing worse.

Crowds were ok too. I don't remember them being a problem and I've been in June also which was very busy!
#804600 by Fordie
06 Mar 2012, 15:31
That's great to hear ill be there all of September so can experience both first 2 weeks and last haha and bad weather is expected but it's still warm when they have the storms which I don't mind:)
#804776 by sky0000547
08 Mar 2012, 20:40
I was there from 2 September 2011 for 2 weeks. The crowds were generally low, most wait time was 10-20mins with some walk on. But there were times at the most popular rides with wait time up to 30-45mins however this didn't last all day.

Temperature last year was around 32C every day. Heavy rain usually around late afternoon for an hour or two.
#804973 by Fordie
11 Mar 2012, 17:18
sky0000547 wrote:I was there from 2 September 2011 for 2 weeks. The crowds were generally low, most wait time was 10-20mins with some walk on. But there were times at the most popular rides with wait time up to 30-45mins however this didn't last all day.

Temperature last year was around 32C every day. Heavy rain usually around late afternoon for an hour or two.

I'd love for the queues to be this short when I go!! When I went most things were 90-120 minutes! The toy story mania was a nightmare! Got there at opening and everyone literally went to that one ride! But I hope it's 10-20 minutes haha

And yeah I went in September one when i was around 10 yrs old and remember the afternoon showers! And we had some bugs called lovebugs everywhere!
#805166 by sky0000547
13 Mar 2012, 14:26
Fordie wrote:I'd love for the queues to be this short when I go!! When I went most things were 90-120 minutes! The toy story mania was a nightmare! Got there at opening and everyone literally went to that one ride! But I hope it's 10-20 minutes haha

Toy Story was slightly busier than others when I went but it was 30-45mins wait. I had a fastpass and it only took 5 mins. Early September is certainly low-ish crowds, bet towards the end is even lower.
#805323 by Fordie
15 Mar 2012, 01:03
sky0000547 wrote:
Fordie wrote:I'd love for the queues to be this short when I go!! When I went most things were 90-120 minutes! The toy story mania was a nightmare! Got there at opening and everyone literally went to that one ride! But I hope it's 10-20 minutes haha

Toy Story was slightly busier than others when I went but it was 30-45mins wait. I had a fastpass and it only took 5 mins. Early September is certainly low-ish crowds, bet towards the end is even lower.

We got a fast pass before when the park opened and had to return at 4 in the afternoon:s but that was the
Most popular so hopefully it's not as bad, and well I'm there for all of September so let's hope the queues are smaller haha
#813508 by gayboyzuk
12 Jun 2012, 08:43
Hi there.
We have a villa out in orlando so have travelled in September a few times, the parks will be very quite but the weather can be very mixed,We where out there last september for 2 weeks and barley saw a drop of rain but we have also been when the weather has been not so good ..but the storms tend to be heavy and short lived I would recomend getting to the parks early and do the big coaster in the morning before the storms brew up as all the parks will close the big coaters and water rides if there are storms in the area for saftey reasons
Hope this is some help for any more tips PM me
:)
#813609 by Fordie
12 Jun 2012, 21:45
gayboyzuk wrote:Hi there.
We have a villa out in orlando so have travelled in September a few times, the parks will be very quite but the weather can be very mixed,We where out there last september for 2 weeks and barley saw a drop of rain but we have also been when the weather has been not so good ..but the storms tend to be heavy and short lived I would recomend getting to the parks early and do the big coaster in the morning before the storms brew up as all the parks will close the big coaters and water rides if there are storms in the area for saftey reasons
Hope this is some help for any more tips PM me

Thanks for your info. when you say quiet how quiet? in the way of ride wait times compared to usual times? and I've been told the weather is very muggy also but its orlando the weathers up and down all the time.
#813630 by gayboyzuk
13 Jun 2012, 03:52
The wait times will be very short we have had times where you walk straight to the front of the queue. You will find universal and Busch gardens much quiter than Disney but even so you should have no probs at that time of year. Yes the weather can be very humid if you get storms but the sun is intense when it shines
#813711 by Fordie
13 Jun 2012, 20:39
gayboyzuk wrote:The wait times will be very short we have had times where you walk straight to the front of the queue. You will find universal and Busch gardens much quiter than Disney but even so you should have no probs at that time of year. Yes the weather can be very humid if you get storms but the sun is intense when it shines

That would be brilliant being able to walk straight on! ill be doing both disney and universal so hoping for straight walk ons! or shorter queues! Either way is a win win situation. good sun tan weather??
thanks again
Virgin Atlantic