#866031 by jcc001
04 Feb 2014, 23:53
Hi Everyone

I have just purchased a 5 bed 5 bath home in Windsor Hills and I would like some advice/recommendations on management companies.

I have met with Global and VillaDirect which my realtor recommended, however, I know some of you on here have personal experience.

Any comments are appreciated. ?|

Thanks

JCC
#866033 by jilly
05 Feb 2014, 01:20
I've owned for 9 years and have a Management Co. but really just a caretaker service as we don't rent out our home.

I know there are a few owners on here but if you want a lot of good advice re. owning in Orlando I'd take a look at http://www.top-forums.com as everyone on there are either owners or ex owners and you'll get lots of recommendations for good MCs.

What's best for you may be different from others, it really depends on whether you are renting your property and,if so, looking for someone to do the bookings for you. I always dealt direct with renters but that's not for everyone.

If you need any help or advice please let me know and I'd be happy to try and answer any questions.

Jilly
#866097 by spiceke
05 Feb 2014, 21:27
Ah, takes me back to the good old days.

I had a place on Windsor Palms and used Global as my Realtor and then they were my MC.

I changed them, not because of poor service (some people moaned about them, but I always thought they were ok), but because I was an 'active owner' who got my own bookings - so I only needed a caretaker service.

You will have to decide how much you want to source your rentals - if you leave it to the MC then you will probably get a poorer return. They look as though they charge the earth, but not much of that will come back to you. Alternatively, some of the big MC's have contracts with the tour companies - these should be avoided at all costs as the tour companies pay a pittance based on the volume.

If you will do most of the bookings, I would suggest a caretaker type service whom you just liaise with about change overs etc.

I would agree 100% with Jilly re www.top-forums.com it was a mine of information.

Makes me whistful for the old days
Virgin Atlantic