This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961481 by moodyblue
05 May 2023, 10:55
Hi, I wondered of anyone had any idea of when or indeed if the check in at Disney Spring may make a return. Perhaps the abolishment of vaccination requirements make cause an increase of bookings and so justify again running the service. I hope so, it was so convenient.
#961483 by buns
05 May 2023, 11:33
Whilst I do not have any official information, my opinion is that it is unlikely to return

The creation of separate check in areas for both PE and UC at MCO and there no longer up to 5 747’s departing suggests the need to spread out the numbers needing to check in negates the use of Disney.

I of course may be wrong, but I am not holding my breath

Buns
#961493 by Kraken
06 May 2023, 09:50
Despite the fact that Virgin Holidays are technically totally separate from Virgin Atlantic, I would put good money on them having a finger in the pie regarding Disney Springs check-in.

The vast majority of V-Hols customers heading to Orlando are more than likely going to see "The Mouse" - quite possibly staying on-site too - so Disney Springs check-in gave them a very good competitive edge on the convenience front for the last day in Orlando. (Do remember that V-Hols were generally not the cheapest package holiday provider either).

We always stay off-site on the south end of I-Drive and always used Disney Springs on the final day as it allowed us to get rid of most of the luggage in the morning so the hire car could be parked up in Universal's parking lot with nothing on display. Just carry-on bags + 1 other bag to be checked at MCO all out of sight in the boot. We then spent out last day at Universal Orlando, then returned to where we had been staying to use their poolside changing rooms to shower & change, then head to MCO and drop the final checked bag at the UC desk. This was a very convenient arrangement for us!
#962550 by moodyblue
11 Oct 2023, 17:02
I checked with Virgin today via Twitter (X) and received a reply informing me that Disney Srings check in for MCO is now open. Wondered if anyone can confirm that. There seems to have been no fanfare and I'm surprised if it re opened without VS shouting about it.
#962651 by starquake
23 Oct 2023, 13:43
TBH these days we still are doing our annual MCO jaunt, but the checkin at springs is a luxury we've not needed to use.

We tend to *even if at a villa* do a final night at Boardwalk and just leave our bags with bell services -> as the Boardwalk pool and showers are excellent for a final shower before going to the airport, and bag drop is hardly an issue when you travelling W or J.

This has also (to VS's probable loss of business) caused us to be flying on BA metal more often these days, as it's been a hobsons choice of W on VS for same price as J on BA recently.
#962653 by mikethe3rd
23 Oct 2023, 23:51
starquake wrote:TBH these days we still are doing our annual MCO jaunt, but the checkin at springs is a luxury we've not needed to use.

We tend to *even if at a villa* do a final night at Boardwalk and just leave our bags with bell services -> as the Boardwalk pool and showers are excellent for a final shower before going to the airport, and bag drop is hardly an issue when you travelling W or J.

This has also (to VS's probable loss of business) caused us to be flying on BA metal more often these days, as it's been a hobsons choice of W on VS for same price as J on BA recently.

Jellyrolls?
#962664 by starquake
25 Oct 2023, 14:09
mikethe3rd wrote:Jellyrolls?

Exactly! Shh don't tell anyone, it's getting too busy these days and you don't even get a seat if you in 20 mins after doors open on some nights. We usually go twice a trip, or *always* on last night as it's a bit of a tradition now.

Having DVC it's also not expensive or usually hard to get a one night last night booking at Boardwalk either, and the bell services there are excellent. Funnily enough our last park day is usually epcot or Hollywood studios, as both are walkable back to the car.
Virgin Atlantic