#961481 by ScoobySu
28 Jul 2021, 22:23
A strange one for you all!

I've just found I had two messages - one from the end of June and one from mid-July - but I haven't received the usual email notifications that I have messages (and yes I have checked my spam folder ;-) ). My profile does have the "Yes" radio button marked for "Notify me on new private messages" too!

I've replied to one of the messages received, but it's sitting in my "Outbox" rather than in "Sent" so I'm not sure if it has been sent either! UPDATE It has now moved to my sent items.

Finally, my profile also shows that I last visited 26 Mar 2021, 13:05, when I have been popping into the forums daily!

I'm not sure if this is an issue just for my account or is wider spread across all members, and where/who to approach to fix! Any ideas please??

Edited to correct dates of messages
#961491 by ColOrd
29 Jul 2021, 13:23
Generally speaking messages stay in your "Outbox" until the point at which the recipient has read them. Its to give you the chance to edit a message send but not read and its common with the phpBB software this board runs on having used it on other forums.

With regards the notifications, I think that's a bug and something Pete might need to fix his end.
#961493 by ScoobySu
29 Jul 2021, 13:52
ColOrd wrote:Generally speaking messages stay in your "Outbox" until the point at which the recipient has read them. Its to give you the chance to edit a message send but not read and its common with the phpBB software this board runs on having used it on other forums.

Thanks ColOrd - give me a spreadsheet and I'm a whiz 8-) but I'm a complete novice in other techy stuff!
#961496 by ColOrd
29 Jul 2021, 17:30
Anytime :)
Virgin Atlantic