#918783 by stevebrass
14 Mar 2016, 14:14
I have been looking to book a fairly simple open jaw trip, alas not with VS due to the destinations involved.

However the booking engines of both Singapore Air and Emirates are not up to it, either going around in circles "updating me shortly" or offering incomplete itineraries.

I have tried windows and mac based browsers - all the same result.
#918800 by joeyc
15 Mar 2016, 00:50
stevebrass wrote:I have been looking to book a fairly simple open jaw trip, alas not with VS due to the destinations involved.

However the booking engines of both Singapore Air and Emirates are not up to it, either going around in circles "updating me shortly" or offering incomplete itineraries.

I have tried windows and mac based browsers - all the same result.

What's the route you are looking for steve? EK have been quite good at dealing with some of the long winded open jaws that I have plugged into the booking engine over the years. Same with SQ really.. not booked an open jaw with them lately, but have done flights with multiple connections.
#918805 by stevebrass
15 Mar 2016, 09:52
SlimpyJones wrote:What's the trip? Have you tried Expedia multi-city? It's usually pretty good at some of the more "irregular" flight choices!

Indeed so - Expedia can handle it just fine!
#918806 by stevebrass
15 Mar 2016, 09:55
The route is MAN to BKK (3 days stopover)
BKK to AKL (where we join a cruise that finishes at SYD)
SYD to MAN

Not a problem as such as ringing the reservations teams sorts it - just observing the vagaries of IT systems!
#918807 by Hamster
15 Mar 2016, 10:11
stevebrass wrote:The route is MAN to BKK (3 days stopover)
BKK to AKL (where we join a cruise that finishes at SYD)
SYD to MAN

Not a problem as such as ringing the reservations teams sorts it - just observing the vagaries of IT systems!

Both Singapore and Emirates websites priced out an itinerary with that trip (random dates) for me?
Singapore was 8 segments and Emirates was 6.
#918813 by stevebrass
15 Mar 2016, 13:12
very weird then. I have windows 7 with chrome, opera, firefox and IE

and Mac El Capitan with chrome, firefox and safari.

Emirates times out and Singapore offers me a route but not PE on all sectors.

Ah well - one of things I suppose.
Virgin Atlantic