#940866 by SlimpyJones
17 Jan 2018, 08:08
Hey,
I was wondering if anyone else has been having problems staying logged into the site? Seems to be a regular occurrence that I keep needing to log back in even though I have my cookies set to log me in every time.
#940867 by mitchja
17 Jan 2018, 08:26
Isn’t this down to the new ‘cross-site tracking prevention’ Apple (and I believe some others) have now implemented in their desktop and mobile web browsers as this causes many website cookies to now automatically expire after 24 hours?

I’m having to log in manually now on a good few websites including this one because of this.
#940870 by catsilversword
17 Jan 2018, 10:18
Same thing here - I never manage to stay logged in, despite ticking the box to stay logged in! Did try clearing down cookies, but that hasn’t helped, and I’m resigned now to logging in if I want to post.

As well as that though, over Christmas and New Year, I often got an error message when trying to view posts - the message suggested I contact admin if it kept happening. It did keep happening, and I did contact the admin email address, but did hear anything, so am wondering if that email address works. But - has anyone else had an error message repeatedly showing when trying to view posts?
#940872 by marshy11
17 Jan 2018, 11:00
catsilversword wrote:Same thing here - I never manage to stay logged in, despite ticking the box to stay logged in! Did try clearing down cookies, but that hasn’t helped, and I’m resigned now to logging in if I want to post.

As well as that though, over Christmas and New Year, I often got an error message when trying to view posts - the message suggested I contact admin if it kept happening. It did keep happening, and I did contact the admin email address, but did hear anything, so am wondering if that email address works. But - has anyone else had an error message repeatedly showing when trying to view posts?

I had the error nearly every day over the Christmas break. I too am having the perpetual login on Apple products (here and elsewhere).
#940873 by hiljil
17 Jan 2018, 11:03
Yes - frequent log in problems and error messages for me too :-O :-(
#940880 by SlimpyJones
17 Jan 2018, 14:35
Likewise! I also had the issue over Christmas where I couldn't stay logged in at all. Seems to happen intermittently and then goes back to normal after a day or two.
#940892 by Hev60
17 Jan 2018, 20:20
Thank goodness for this post. I too have been experiencing error messages when logging into to read posts and thought I had serious problems with my iPad.
#940917 by Snora
18 Jan 2018, 08:41
Just to throw some variety in , sorry, I am on a MAC and didn't have to long in just now. Had error messages over Christmas but not since.
#940977 by Sealink
20 Jan 2018, 11:25
It happens quite regularly on my phone. Usually gets fixed within hours so assume an alert is generated to say all is not well with the site at the time.

Let's see if I can reply to this thread first time, before on several threads replies would not post.
Virgin Atlantic