This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963447 by Katcool
29 Feb 2024, 22:54
I've been trying to book 2 x return from MAN to MCO for Nov or Dec and although there's plenty availability for the outbound there's nothing for the return for either month. There's some indirect flights available for the return but I can't remember seeing this pattern before?
I'm looking for mileage flights/companion ticket.
I'm not sure whether to bite the bullet and book an indirect return or wait - any suggestions would be helpful,
Thanks
#963448 by OliverD241
01 Mar 2024, 08:30
During this time MCO route reward seats (especially UC sell out)…

if you have enough points, you could take a flight to ATL in economy and then fly ATL-MAN.
However the domestic flight would need to be booked seperately as Virgin can only book the same class under one booking I.e (Economy MCO-ATL, Economy ATL-MAN, or First MCO-ATL, UC ATL-MAN). And the domestic flight are expensive in points in first class!
#963458 by Katcool
01 Mar 2024, 19:48
Thank you,
I've just checked and there's plenty of availability from ATL so I'll get booking over the weekend.
#963476 by RK
04 Mar 2024, 17:13
I saw some weird stuff on LHR-MCO reward availability. I was looking mainly late April/May 2024, and found loads of outbound reward availability in UC, but absolutely nothing on the return leg. In terms of available revenue seats, they were wide open. Couldn't really understand why there was so much outbound but nothing on the return.

In the end, I booked BA with Avios and setup a reward finder tracker for Virgin. About six months out from the departure date, suddenly the return flights all opened up and there was a ton of reward availability (almost every day of the entire month), so I cancelled my BA tickets for a £50pp charge and booked VS. I am still seeing new seats appear for these dates, despite only being two months to three months away from departure.
#963532 by Katcool
10 Mar 2024, 18:43
I booked the direct flights to MCO from MAN and return from ATL, one on a companion and the other with points. I've also booked a one way on Delta from MCO to ATL on a fully refundable fare which was only $20 more per person than non refundable. I'll keep checking for any direct returns from MCO to MAN and will change if they open up.
Virgin Atlantic