#259040 by DarkAuror
06 May 2009, 11:00
36 hours after I arrived in the Czech Republic, I was on my way out of it. After the car ride from hell where my manager and I had a driver who thought he was Michael Schumacher and insisted on driving at 100 mph all the way back to Prague, even along the mountain roads.[:0][:0] So a 3 hour drive took 2 hours and we were checking in. After the problems I had with my carry-on at T5, I thought I would have the same again but the check-in assistant just looked at it and that was that!

Went through Passport Control quickly and only had a little time at the airport but enough time to buy my Apprentice (4 year old son) a little memento from the trip, something for Mrs DA and some water to drink. Last call for the flight was called even though there was no plane on the stand while I was in a shop so I walked down to the gate to meet up with my manager again. Unlike the UK, security is at the individual gates, I put my stuff on to the conveyor belts but there appeared to be an issue with one of the plastic bags that I acquired in the airport. I completely forgot about my bottle of water and had it confiscated.

The plane eventually arrived at the gate and we boarded it 20 mins late. It was a very busy flight with my carry-on stored way back in the cabin from where I was sat. The flight was very quick but great views of Brussels, Bruges and the North Sea. It was weird seeing tankers anchored in little groups from 32,000 ft while theyre were waiting to get in to Hook of Holland.

Landed 10 mins early but the plane was put on to a remote stand, at least there were buses waiting for us. I was nearly the last pax to get off the plane due to waiting around so I could down to the back of the plane to pick up my case. Just as well because I was on the last bus and it was virtually empty. Arrived at the terminal to a packed Border Control hall. I think there must have been 2 other bigger flights that landed the same time as my flight. There appeared to not enough staff to deal with the large number of people as I was waiting for a least 20 mins before finally clearing the hall.

Met up again with my manager and walked backed to the terminal car park to pick up our cars. Just over an hour later I was back home.