#945203 by trusse03
23 Jul 2018, 12:26
So it was time to head back from a week in Mallorca with my parents and brothers, sister in law and nieces and nephews.

As we were staying in a villa and my husband has a phone from the dark ages we checked in at the airport. No queue when we got there 2 hours before departure.

Luggage checked in and up to security, Security at Palma airport is centralised, however there are 2 entrances at either end.

Once up we scanned our boarding passes, and were put into a queue, however it was well organised. I was straight through with no problems, husband set off the metal detector, so was swabbed for explosives - at which point the machine beeped - the woman shouted at the machine and he was sent to a different machine which cleared him.

All non schengen flights depart from module a in the summer months at Palma airport, so we decided to walk down, next up was passport control, some of you may have heard many horror stories from last year with regards to queues. Well the area has been heavily invested in with e gates for adults. Families with children were sent to be manually checked. All worked very well.

Then it was time to wait for the flight, we'd been warned about a 20 minute delay to the flight.

Boarding commenced via group numbers, we were in group 5, but it was by coach, so the last on the coach were actually first off when it got to the plane.

The flight itself was half empty, it was an Embraer 190 plane so 2x2 seating. We were in row 12 and the legroom was huge in this row, hubbie is 6'4 and even he didn't struggle.

Pilot came on to announce a slight delay due to congestion on the runways at PMI, but we were soon under way. No pushback, we went forwards from the off.

Once in the air the air stewardess came to each passenger individually - no trolley. Drinks and snacks were offered. I went for a gin and tonic and some crisps. Much to my surprise 2 gin and tonics were given. Looked like anyone who ordered wine got 2 bottles. On BA cityflyer drinks and snacks are still free in euro traveller unlike regular BA,

On a note - the legroom in club europe is just the same as euro traveller - so you'd be paying £110 for a croissant and some jam at the front of the plane. (I checked the upgrade cost).

We had an ontime landing, maybe slightly ahead of schedule. Off onto an airbridge at Manchester airport, slight queue for passport control.

However luggage was straight off as soon as we got to the carousel.

I would definately travel on a cityflyer flight again.
#945209 by hiljil
23 Jul 2018, 15:10
Thank you for your TR. I am always interested in reading slightly different routes & carriers.
Glad it was a success.
#945300 by Sealink
26 Jul 2018, 22:41
trusse03 wrote:On a note - the legroom in club europe is just the same as euro traveller - so you'd be paying £110 for a croissant and some jam at the front of the plane. (I checked the upgrade cost).

You also get lounge access, extra Avios and more importantly, if you are so included, 80 Tier Points per round trip.
If you can nab Row 2CD you have amazing legroom too.

PS - CityFlyer is great and I love the Embraers.
#945322 by ColOrd
27 Jul 2018, 16:55
Its interesting some of these weird little routes that BA have started dabbling in with Manchester and Stansted to PMI and IBZ I believe? Not really sure what the game plan is with them!
#945330 by Hamster
27 Jul 2018, 19:35
ColOrd wrote:Its interesting some of these weird little routes that BA have started dabbling in with Manchester and Stansted to PMI and IBZ I believe? Not really sure what the game plan is with them!

Making use of the aircraft and crew while LCY is closed.
#945339 by Sealink
28 Jul 2018, 15:05
ColOrd wrote:Its interesting some of these weird little routes that BA have started dabbling in with Manchester and Stansted to PMI and IBZ I believe? Not really sure what the game plan is with them!

It's utilising aircraft as London City is closed Saturday afternoon to Sunday afternoon
Virgin Atlantic