#946312 by Sealink
25 Sep 2018, 16:30
A Glasgow-Gatwick trip report? Why yes!

BA bought the Monarch Airline slots at Gatwick, and as yet don't have enough of their own aircraft to service their flights.

So for my Glasgow to Gatwick flight they used the German airline Privat Air (I know, me neither) and this is what they were like....

Trip Report

(Sorry for the link, I can't post pics to V-Flyer for some reason)
#946314 by buns
25 Sep 2018, 17:45
Thanks Sealink

I bet there are few folks who would be grateful of those seats when flying across the Atlantic rather than the current configuration :-D

buns
#946315 by Traveller2
25 Sep 2018, 18:10
OMG buns. You are so right. I have just flown back from Boston in Club World on a BA 777. What??? The seat configuration is beyond bizarre! My travel companion had a window seat and I had an aisle seat on one side of the plane. Once her bed was made up, to get out she had to clamber over her own bed and then over the bed of the passenger in the aisle seat in the row behind us. It was a good job she was quite agile as I hate to think what someone with limited mobility would do in that seat if they wanted to get out.

While I had aisle access, I had someone climbing over my feet and there was no privacy whatsoever when I wanted to sleep. I was staring into the face of the lady opposite me who was also trying to sleep.

As for the 60s style lamp shades...yes, lampshades, over the lights in the middle of the plane....I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The décor was beige and drab and such a different product to Upper on Virgin.

I should add that this was a non revenue fare but oh my, if I had paid thousands for that seat, I would have been bitterly disappointed.
Virgin Atlantic