#946579 by hazban
18 Oct 2018, 08:27
Got a phone call from Trailfinders late last night to say that my original flight today, VA947, had been cancelled. Whilst on the phone they were able to rebook on this one two hours earlier, I cannot complement their service too highly, It takes the hassle out of sorting out any problems on the move!
It suited me to leave two hours earlier as I think I had "done" Brisbane. It is a major commercial and shopping centre and is no where near say Sydney or Melbourne when it comes to tourism! Got the high-speed train to the Gold Coast.
The place reminds me a bit of some parts of Florida, plenty of surf shops, restaurants and hotels. The beach was closed due to the high surf but that made it more interesting for me as I had no intention of going in!
The short, 1 hour 16 min , flight was made all the better by a very attentive crew who managed a drink and snack service whilst interreacting with the passengers in typical Aussie fashion.
Thunder storms in Sydney, I wonder if that is why they reduced some of the services today?
The Invictus Games start in Sydney and I hope that the weather is more kind to them than it was to me!
Last edited by mitchja on 18 Oct 2018, 14:45, edited 1 time in total. Reason: To correct the flight code
#946589 by dickydotcom
18 Oct 2018, 11:57
hazban wrote:Hope you all realise I mean VA not AV, don't know how to make the change!

On the top right of your post is a cog symbol with a return arrow. Click on that and it gives you the option to edit.
Dick D
Virgin Atlantic