#946956 by ColOrd
11 Nov 2018, 09:45
I don't normally post short haul jaunts as trip reports, but I wanted to give a quick report on this one as it was on a BA Airbus 320 NEO!

I have feared that this aircraft type, being "densified" was going to be horrific. I pretty much only travel in Club on BA short haul but the way that it was made out was that legroom was being reduced further.

Sure enough the middle tables have gone now on the Neo. I hasten to add, that it really wasn't as big an issue as I thought it was going to be, dropped the tray table of the middle seat and used that instead without any dramas.

The legroom seemed to be slightly better but only fractionally, I am 6ft6 I can feel the difference!

The mood lighting wasn't used which I thought was a shame so the cabin looked very clinical on boarding.

The Neo engines are so quiet though, it really does make a real difference!
#946957 by gumshoe
11 Nov 2018, 10:08
I’m 6’5” and try to avoid CE wherever possible, unless I need the TPs.

Y exit rows 11 and 12 on the A320s offer far superior legroom. On the NEO, row 12 is the last row of “old” seats with adjustable headrests. Row 13 and back have the new ultra-slim seats that look frankly horrendous. Think Thameslink ...
#946958 by ColOrd
11 Nov 2018, 10:11
I work for Thameslink I will have you know! There's nothing wrong with our seats :P

I meant to try and get a look at the back of the bus, but it was fully loaded to see the horrific new toilets!