#947061 by gilly
18 Nov 2018, 20:15
And so to our final leg. I must admit by this time I was getting more than a little tired and fed up of flying!

We boarded again via two doors and again I was first passenger on board, again in 2a and 3a on a 787. Orange juice before take off and the lemon and mint afterwards with the usual warm nuts. I refused a meal and ordered oatmeal and juice for breakfast before arrival. We very quickly changed into the PJs and went to ‘bed’. And I slept for at least 4 hours. I woke up about 90 minutes before landing and changed into warmer clothes for arrival back into winter and ate my porridge, which was served with a very small jug of cream - a luxury I do NOT allow myself at home! It was very, very good.

Before long, the crew were coming around thanking us for flying with Qatar and preparing for landing. The cabin this time was half empty, and I heard economy passengers at baggage claim saying, it had been the same back there. Our bags come out very quickly and we were outside waiting for our taxi within 15 minutes of landing.

All in all, four very good, comfortable flights. Excellent crew, pretty good timing and at a bargain price as we’d booked at a promotional price before the route opened. Would we go from Cardiff again? I am not sure. I hate the airport and their lounge is a disgrace. And although it is nearer to home, it isn’t the easiest of places to get to, so on a personal level, I think I’d rather take the train to London, at least then we get to use their fabulous lounge at T4. I guess it comes down to cost.

Thanks for reading and apologies for any typos. The jet-lag has kicked in big time and I am pretty spaced out right now!
#947175 by gilly
23 Nov 2018, 16:24
There were 12 empty seats out of 22. The official line is that uptake has been “disppointing” though cargo is very good. I am in two minds about it, because going from Cardiff is terribly convenient, but I absolutely hate the airport! Our next flights - to Mauritius in March - are with Emirates, from LHR :-D and joy of joy :-D :-D :-D , we are fly F for the first time. For the only time probably! It will be interesting to compare.
#947178 by DragonLady
23 Nov 2018, 20:14
gilly wrote:There were 12 empty seats out of 22. The official line is that uptake has been “disppointing” though cargo is very good. I am in two minds about it, because going from Cardiff is terribly convenient, but I absolutely hate the airport! Our next flights - to Mauritius in March - are with Emirates, from LHR :-D and joy of joy :-D :-D :-D , we are fly F for the first time. For the only time probably! It will be interesting to compare.

Thanks for the reports. Like you it’s a convenient departure point for me ( 25 minutes away as I live in the Vale) . Mr DL is currently commuting to and from Oz and the J fares to Oz from CWL with QR haven’t been particularly good since the route was mooted/ launched .
Bit of a shame as it’s so much easier than the schep to/ from LHR which I’m doing again next week when he flies back with VA/VS ( but we’ll be there three days later when we fly out to AGP lol :-D ) .
I had hoped things would improve since WeG regained control but this doesn’t seem to have happened :-(
DL
Virgin Atlantic