#947728 by ColOrd
28 Dec 2018, 23:13
As a huge Frasier fan I have always wanted to visit Seattle but its never been a big enough draw for a trip in its own right.

I booked a day trip out from San Fran using Delta to bump my TP's a little.

I had a Embraer 175 on the way up with Seat 1A. Not the most comfy seat, but there was plenty of personal space with a 1-2 layout. The flight attendant working the front of the plane was spunky and fun, and nothing was too much trouble for her. Both pilots looked very young, but both were very cute so I wasn't complaining ;-) ;-)

The flight was pretty bumpy but we had some good views of Mount Shasta and then looped around to come in to Seattle from the north and a good view over the Boeing delivery centre.

I wasn't very taken with Seattle, two it being Christmas day nothing was open, and it was very cold...both of which I should have been well prepared for, but I gave in after doing the space needle and headed to Hard Rock where the service was terrible, followed by a quick uber back to the airport.

I tried a cheeky trick, showing my boarding pass for my VS flight the next day fro SFO to say I was connecting just on a separate ticket. The lady in the skyclub was a little confused, but let me in, yes I know I was chancing it, but hey sometimes you have to!

Seattle Skyclub was wonderful and I can see why they class SEA and SFO as their flagships! I was very impressed!

Flight back was on a Boeing 717, my first of this type, again, great service, the refurbishment on these planes hides their age well! Again it was a little bumpy on the way back, drinks and refills were offered throughout the flight. However we only had a pass of the snack basket this time as opposed to a full breakfast on the way out which I found a bit strange!

Overall you can see ways in which Delta have taken from the pax experience of VS and implemented into their own service now, and I do think DL stand head and shoulders above American and United!
#947729 by honey lamb
29 Dec 2018, 00:56
I'm a reasonably regular visitor to SEA having a friend who lives there and I love the city.

I have had some fantastic flights there from SFO on Virgin America and I mourn their loss (although I have had some good flights on Alaska who have taken it over - but not since the takeover, I hasten to add)

I need to try the VS offering to SEA or indeed the EI one from DUB