#949439 by Nickd19
22 Mar 2019, 11:55
My first ever trip in European Business Class.

For those of you who prefer a visual trip report here the link; https://youtu.be/eQqoPSrEZj8

For those who prefer written;

This was a weekend trip to Berlin without our 2 year old..... first time away from him for more than one night. So whilst he was having the time of his life with Mrs S parents. (Cough) getting far too much in the way of treads (cough) we thought we’d make the most of two nights before child no. 2 arrives!!! (How times have changed)

Uber booked and swiftly carried us to TXL from the Hilton Berlin after a wonderful weekend, if a little wet and windy!

20 or so minutes later we arrived and potentially the strangest airport I’ve been to. Everything is landside and a huge queue forms by check in to get to the gate... that very delayed new airport can’t come quickly enough.

Checked in online so went straight to the lounge. Had heard it was poor but perhaps not the most poor of BA’s outstation lounges. Honestly, it was perfectly fine for what we wanted. A quick bite and something to drink in a quiet area.

Announcement came on, time to board. Off we went and waited 20 minutes in the security queue whilst the security person took forever ‘tidying’ people’s belongings in the tray. Hey ho.

Boarded and settled. Flight time of roughly an hour and a half.... which turned into 2 hours after a lengthy hold. A319 not the retro livery unfortunately.

Hot towel offered. (Hot rag as Mrs S explained :-D )
Meal offering was afternoon tea or ploughmans. Every one I heard opened for afternoon tea, with the crew having to explain what a ploughman’s was. Afternoon tea was DELICIOUS. Cup of tea and water and a was a happy geek watching as we came through a 360 hold and then onto a stack.

Into LHR bang on time.

A thoroughly enjoyable experience. :cool: