#950539 by Fuzzy14
22 May 2019, 17:11
We’d done Christmas and New Year in Orlando for the first time and what an extra-ordinary time we had. Christmas Party in a deserted MK due to the rain, a tornado on the ground nearby, Discovery Cove on Christmas Day, weather was excellent. Would definitely come back at this time of year.

However it’s time to come back to reality, and we’d found a good offer with BA routing via Philadelphia. So the first leg was on American metal, a first for us.

We’d spent the last few days of the holiday in Saratoga Springs resort and the last few hours in the hotel and Disney Springs before heading to the airport for our 1632 flight (weird how American flights are to the nearest minute, like trains). Did the self service check-in which when you’ve got 3 kids and 5 suitcases and multiple hand baggage isn’t the easiest thing to do. On arrival at the bag weigh, they decreed one of the bags was 4kg over and the rest underweight, but made us remove items and re-pack which wasn’t easy as the bags had a lot of toys which took up space but weren’t too heavy.

Eventually made it to the gate and boarded the A321. The rabble surrounding the gate desk intrigued me, it’s like a cast member giving a current running commentary about who’s won the standby lottery. Took off on time for the 2.5 hour flight up to Philadelphia where I noted the differences between British and American domestic flights. Window blinds down at take-off. Passengers getting up and walking about with the seat belt signs lit. Nobody really listens to the cabin crew. Apart from that nothing really to report.

Lovely views of Philadelphia on landing and the American pier of PHI has got some very nice bars, restaurants and seating areas with phone chargers. I would recommend hanging about here before moving round to the older section of the airport for the BA flight.
#950550 by Turquoise
23 May 2019, 07:41
Interesting to read about your domestic flight! We did RSW/EWR last year on Jet Blue and like you say, it was interesting to note the differences between US domestic and the usual Virgin/BA flights. What amused me was the cabin crew looking very flustered, wearing an apron with pockets and flinging bottles of water at passengers. Nobody batted an eye! As they say, it was just like being on a bus!