#950540 by Fuzzy14
22 May 2019, 17:13
We’d landed in Philadelphia on an American flight from Orlando, and catching the onward flight to Heathrow. The American flight came into Terminal (pier) C which I found much nicer than the rest of the airport with bars, restaurants, seating and USB charging. In hindsight I’d hang about here before moving to the older but sufficient Terminal A.

Terminal A still had a pizza restaurant and sockets to charge up the boys equipment as we weren’t sure if the BA 747 would have chargers onboard for phones. We were meant to have a 2 hour stopover here but the 2115 flight was running late by an hour, they had also changed the flight number to BA66N so I’m wondering if another flight had been cancelled and merged with this one. Anyway, I found Philadelphia Airport most pleasant and would definitely return should the opportunity arrive.

Finally boarded the 747 and found it to be beautifully comfortable, like a pair of old slippers. I suspect this will be my last time on one and I savoured every moment. It was also something of a novelty for me to sit downstairs on a 747, indeed I think this was only my second time! We had 3 in front with the 2 older boys sitting behind with a random stranger who promptly asked to move! It was a 99% full flight but they managed to find her the only spare seat left, which meant my boys ended up with the only spare seat on the plane.

How do I put this politely, I’m now of an age where I’m used to the cabin crew being younger than me, it was quite a surprise to find cabin crew older than me! They were a good bunch though. Only issue arose when one leaned on my son’s seat inadvertently pushing it down, then giving him into trouble for him having his seat down before take-off! The crew commented on how great it was the kids slept all the way.

The plane took off 1h15m late and we all slept, the kids the whole way there and me most of the way. Didn’t eat dinner, didn’t eat breakfast, didn’t watch TV. Funny enough the 747 had USB chargers so we didn’t have to worry.

Possibly my best flight with British Airways and I can’t remember much about it. Before landing grabbed some of the food and put it in the bag should the kids want it later on. Performed some loops over London and arrived at Heathrow T5 satellite B at 0940. The fun begins in the next trip report…

Verdict: PHL yes, 747 yes, crew yes
#950547 by Fuzzy14
22 May 2019, 20:30
Traveller2 wrote:Thanks for the Trip Reports. It makes a nice change to have some from the Economy cabin.

This website can be quite heavy with the more premium trip reviews! As I’m restricted to school holidays and I’m paying for 5 tickets in rather price sensitive, especially as the boys wouldn’t get the full benefit of PE/WT+ (which we’ve flown before).

I’m saving those Avios and FC points for myself and Mrs Fuzzy when we can go without them!