#950636 by gilly
29 May 2019, 18:39
We made up time during the flight due to a strong tail wind so actually arrived on time. We were very speedily through Security, which was actually something of a farce, and made our way to the First lounge. This was huge and had a buffet as well as a sit down restaurant. I wasn’t especially hungry and it was our intention to bed down as soon as we boarded and not eat until breakfast, so I ordered some Granola and a bottle of water, while Tony, always one to take advantage of food, ordered a Wagu burger and fries! While waiting for our food to arrive, a shoe shine man came along and stole his shoes to polish them. As they were brand new I wasn’t sure they needed polishing at all, but back they came far shinier than when in the shop! We only had about 45 minutes in the lounge before boarding the second flight. Again we were offered champagne but refused, having OJ instead. Again we got the bag with amenity kit, PJs, slippers etc which we changed into before departing - having the doors was great as we didn’t need to go to the bathroom to change! Anyway, as soon as the seatbelt sign went off, we had the stewardess make up the beds and slept for about 4 hours, before being woken for our shower slots again. This time we knew what to expect, but it was still a wonderful novelty. We were able to change into more suitable clothing for the 30° temperature in Mauritius. After the shower we were served breakfast, which I must admit was slightly disappointing. I had a fruit platter, which was ok, but Tony had scrambled eggs which he said were awful, though the toast was fine! Toast - on a plane!

Anyway, very quickly we were at the island, deplaned within a minute or two, were VERY quickly through immigration, then health control and our three bags were 3rd, 4th and 5th on the carousel, so we were out of the airport and into our waiting car exactly 20 minutes after the wheels touched down on the runway. If only Heathrow was the same!
#950646 by lynnewob
30 May 2019, 04:03
All your flights sound fantastic. The only time we have done Emirates First was to the Maldives and this was before they had the closed in suites. It was still wonderful though as we were the only people in First and we were greeted personally on the tarmac at the steps. We drank a whole bottle of Dom before landing in Dubai! No showers for us on the old 777s.
We had a massage in the lounge at DXB which was nice before boarding the flight back to BHX.