#951125 by Murraymint
26 Jun 2019, 22:36
Part 3
We had an uneventful flight from LHR to ATL and were now waiting for our Delta flight to MSY. We had transferred over to the Domestic area and checked into the Delta Lounge which was rammed. Connected to WiFi to catch up with emails etc. and on checking the Delta App (Thanks for the tip folks) was able to see that our luggage had gone to MSY on an earlier flight than ours. Cue panic, but talking to the lounge staff calmed us down when she said this happens all the time and not to worry as our cases would be waiting for us in the luggage claim area at MSY. We wandered down to the gate which compared to the lounge was very calm and soon boarded our B737 to MSY. First Class seats were very comfortable and just time for a drink and some snacks on the 1 hour flight. It amazed me to see people still finishing drinks, keeping their blinds down and generally not listening to cabin crew when preparing for landing. In the end, the crew didn’t bother and just sat down and belted up. Compare that to some of the UK flights.
Landed and thankfully found our cases waiting for us beside the Delta office in the luggage claim area (with many others). I had arranged transfer to the city with Burton Transportation and the owner himself was waiting for us with a sparkling Suburban. I can recommend them if in New Orleans. Spent the next 3 days exploring the French Quarter before our cruise. The staff on the hop on, hop off buses were really knowledgeable and the history of the city is very interesting. Also visited a plantation which was another fascinating trip - strange driving alongside the Mississippi when the ships are 8 feet above you!
#951126 by mitchja
26 Jun 2019, 23:01
Thanks for the TR. I never experienced my luggage flying before me. That's an interesting one!

It's a little late now sorry but you can use any one of the 7 (or maybe 8?) DL Sky Club lounges in any of the concourses at ATL. Try a few if you have time!!

The International Sky Club (concourse F) has the Sky Deck (semi-outdoor seating area) as well as showers. The only other Sky Club to have showers is the one located on concourse E.
#951136 by Murraymint
27 Jun 2019, 13:23
Thanks James- I will remember that for next time.

The ATL flight had a schedule change and left earlier than when we booked, however the connection to MSY didn’t change. We could probably have changed it but if I recall we preferred to have the longer layover in case of delays. Our luggage was obviously offloaded in time to catch the earlier flight but it all ended well.
#951186 by pjh
30 Jun 2019, 19:00
Your end to end outbound trip to MSY certainly went smoother than ours in February :). We both want to go back to New Orleans, at some time less manic than Mardi Gras, for as you say it's a city with an interesting and unusual history...