#951129 by Murraymint
26 Jun 2019, 23:36
Part 3
After arriving at T3, we now had to get to T5 for our BA flight home to Larnaca. I remembered that taxis were not very happy take you between terminals so we headed for the Heathrow Express. Remember, we had 4 cases plus carry ons so wasn’t looking forward to it. However we got the cases onto trolleys (which were free, MAN take note) and headed for the platform. We could take the trolleys quite close to the platform but it was still a struggle to get them through the barriers and then onto the train.
Struggled off at T5 and up to checkin and then the BA lounge. After the very mannerly southern hospitality we had been experiencing recently, it was a disappointment to be back to sullen staff in the lounge and people pushing and shoving.
Our flight to LCA was on time and this time I didn’t manage to grab an exit row seat in Club Europe- well, I did actually but BA changed it because the business section wasn’t going to be busy enough to reach that row. Except, it did between them cancelling mine and the actual flight, so someone else had it. We were airborne with the seatbelt signs off when the guy in front reclined leaving me with one leg out in the aisle. He could see how uncomfortable I was but obviously didn’t care and stayed that way for the whole 4.5 hour flight. The crew were sympathetic but couldn’t really do anything as the flight was pretty full. They also warned me that the new aircraft soon to start on the route would be slightly worse so I’ll be keeping clear of BA I think.
Landed on time and car park staff were waiting with my car outside the terminal so we were soon driving home.

All in all, a fantastic trip on both VS and Delta but don’t mention BA Club Europe!!

Thanks for reading.
#951135 by Hamster
27 Jun 2019, 12:52
Thanks for the TR!

When changing terminals with lots of luggage, the Express is for sure the better option over the Tube as you can keep the trolly with you for longer at T2&3!

Shame about the staff in the lounge and loosing the exit row.

The new aircraft the crew mention are the NEO's, they have the exact same seat with eh same leg room in CE so you wont notice any difference there! Middle table goes, but replaced with a power socket below the seat.
#951168 by gilly
29 Jun 2019, 12:23
Great trip reports thank you.

Regarding the new aircraft to LCA, we are flying CE to LCA in September, does anyone know when these will be operating from?
#951171 by Murraymint
29 Jun 2019, 14:31
Hi, I think that they may be operating the route now. I’ve had a look on Flightradar24 for the last few days and each day seems to have a brand new aircraft. Today’s is G-NEOU which I believe is the new 321 NEO.
Virgin Atlantic