#951480 by trusse03
24 Jul 2019, 18:54
So I'm posting about this trip due to the excellent crew on board the flight, but more later about that.

So my parents have a villa in Mallorca, so once a year I tend to go out and spend a summer holiday with the family, unfortunately this time my husband couldn't make it.

I arrived at the airport at 10am, was checked in by a very friendly member of check in staff, then it was up to security at Palma airport. This took all of 5 minutes, why can't UK airports be this efficient.

UK flights along with other Non Schengen flights depart from terminal A at Palma, so it was down to terminal A and throught passport control, again very efficient as done through e-gates.

Quick trip to buy some water for the flight and then had a wonder around.

Boarding started at 10.45 for an 11.45 departure, this was on board an A330 - the flight was operated by AirTanker on behalf of Jet2.

Quickly on board with plenty of room in the overhead lockers, Jet2 have a hold luggage allowance of 22kg if paid for, the most generous of the short haul airlines.

I'd preordered a meal of vegetable tortellini as part of my booking, this was extremely nice and also came with a bread roll, cheese and crackers, a sticky toffee pudding and a cup of tea, cofee or water.

There was also a full bar service available.

Unfortunately on coming into land just 20 minutes before landing I suffered severe chest pain on the plane and difficulty breathing, the passenger sat next to me noticed this and immediately called the crew for assistance.

The Jet2 staff were extremely good during this time, and made sure that I felt looked after throughout.

They then asked me to move seat so they could keep an eye on me during landing and arranged for paramedics to meet the aircraft at the stand.

Their efficiency made me feel extremely well looked after, I was taken to hospital and have now been released feeling a lot better.