#951885 by Edward T
19 Aug 2019, 12:34
Well, all good things come to an end and an amazing two week holiday in Tanzania definitely falls into the ‘good things’ camp. When we booked this flight (night flight leaving at 21.30) it was scheduled on FlyDubai’s new B737 Max with lie flat seats.

Obviously things changed and we were scheduled on the B737-800 which had more standard recliner seats which were comfortable but not the best for sleeping. At least the flight was safe though!

The flight started at Zanzibar Airport which was a true out of Africa experience. The terminal is tiny and old with a large amount outside. There is a new terminal being constructed but no clear idea when it will be available.

We had access to a business lounge but in the words of one traveller “this is the worst lounge I have ever seen”. The food looked like it had been left out for weeks and the fridge had half drunk bottles of water! The redeeming feature was it was better than downstairs - but only just.

Flight boarded on time - food and drinks options for business were good and tasty with films available. Managed to get some sleep (5.5 hr flying time) before we were descending into DXB.

FlyDubai use terminal 2 which is all remote stands. They arrange business class only transfer buses which loaded quickly and in no time we were transferring to the main Emirates terminal for our MAN flight home.

Good punctual service but business class felt quite basic compared to the Emirates experience - the benefit was being able to fly direct from Zanzibar without needing additional connections which massively reduced the journey time. If given a choice I look for the EK operated flights on any codeshares.
#951891 by TimCrawley
19 Aug 2019, 21:33
Interesting trip report from "not the usual starting point" for most on the forum (though plenty of V-Flyers have been very regular visitors to DXB), thanks for posting!

It's been so many years since I was anywhere at all in Africa (I'm thinking SA & Mozambique must have been my last time over 10+ years ago) so it was nice to hear about somewhere I hadn't been in almost 30 years....

Now I'm feeling guilty for not posting TRs myself in ages (though I did add an image of the Corsair amenity kit to the gallery, so not been totally inactive).

Thanks again for posting, hope your Emirates back to MAN lived up to expectations.