#958024 by selbyk
17 Nov 2020, 16:10
Thought you would all love this Covid fun!

Flew out to Antigua with BA on Wednesday 4th November (just pre lockdown) with a return flight scheduled for the 15th.
Apart from the 90min delay and the 2 hour wait to get through the Covid wall at Antigua everything went swimmingly!

Before I go on, I did expect some schedule changes with lockdown impending but nothing like what actually happened.

Thursday morning: e-mail from BA - return flight Sunday 15th cancelled, no assistance or alternative offered - 90 mins to get through on the phone and re-booked for Saturday 14th
Friday morning: e-mail from BA - return flight Saturday 14th cancelled, no assistance or alternative offered - 105 minutes to get through on the phone and re-booked for Sunday 8th (leaving us 4 days in Antigua, by now I was fine with that!)
Saturday morning - No e-mail from BA, hoorah! Decide to check my BA account, you've guessed it, return flight cancelled for Sunday 8th, no assiatance or alternative offered.
Now I've had enough, cancelled BA flight and booked Virgin back for Wednesday 11th (Premium economy,Uppper was full)
Sunday afternoon - sat by the pool and watched the BA flight I had been told was cancelled arrive in Antigua! (it did depart to Gatwick as scheduled too)
Then from Monday to Wednesday it rained for 3 days!

We did get a few days in the sun, the Virgin Premium economy hospitality was far better than BA Business, real glasses and mugs, real cutlery and decent food.

My BA experiment is now over, I would normally use Virgin to the West but had booked Maldives with BA and changed that flight to Antigua because of Covid regs.

Sooner we get back to normal the better!

Keep Smiling