#962402 by Murraymint
20 Oct 2021, 13:12
Hi all,
During my last trip to Boston, I activated mobile roaming a few times for Uber etc. but got a fairly hefty bill for my trouble >-(
I’m Cyprus based and we don’t have much in the way of international roaming topups etc.
I’ve been looking at ESims and wondered if anyone here had used them and if so what was their experiences with them.
#962406 by AlecK
20 Oct 2021, 21:28
I'm going to try a T-Mobile USA E-sim mid November and will update when I've done it if that's any use.
#962407 by Murraymint
20 Oct 2021, 22:05
AlecK wrote:I'm going to try a T-Mobile USA E-sim mid November and will update when I've done it if that's any use.

That would be great- Thanks
#962408 by mitchja
21 Oct 2021, 08:46
Whilst I don’t use a specific roaming eSIM here in my iPhone, I do use an eSIM for general use here and the setup process is very straight forward and quick to do.

You set it up by scanning a QR code the mobile network sends you.

When I got a new iPhone the other week, the SIM swap process took minutes to complete as my previous iPhone also used an eSIM. That’s with Vodafone UK.

I’m also lucky enough to have an older plan which still includes global roaming in the US and several other non-EU countries. When I was in Barbados the other week, that was also included :)

U.K. mobile networks seem to be slowly getting rid of global and even EU roaming with their newer plans now so just be careful if you come to upgrade or change plans.
#962423 by MoJoJo
22 Oct 2021, 05:47
I’m about to use Aíralo eSIM on my trip to Barbados as it was highly recommended by a number of people. They also have first time user discounts
Virgin Atlantic