This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#958113 by Lindsk
25 Nov 2020, 18:39
mitchja wrote:
Lindsk wrote:Has anyone taken the Allianz insurance out when booking?

Now not sure what to do about insurance - it looks like other insurers are starting to cover Covid 19 for less than the Allianz insurance, so am interested in your thoughts.

Any advice welcome as ever :cool:

I didn't bother as although I just skimmed over the text when I booked, it just sounded like a standard travel insurance policy to me?

VS's included COVID-19 policy is only included with flights up to the end of this year.

I have annual travel insurance with my Nationwide Flex Plus account (although they have recently updated their policy stating that from Jan 2021 they will not cover anything COVID-19 related).

Thanks James - I skim read it also and missed the fact that the Covid policy is just until the end of the year.
I will look into our usual insurance options and compare policies - I am optimistic that by November, if we move it to then, Covid will not be as big a consideration/ challenge...
#958173 by a11p0rt
29 Nov 2020, 21:23
Am I reading the Ts and Cs right?

On flexible no fee change policy I read it that I can book at 50% off reward flights today then essentially bank them by turning them into Open Tickets that I can use at anytime up to December 2022 subject to availability?

But on Ts and Cs for Black Friday event it says cannot be changed and must be used by October 2021.

Anybody know which it is?
#958174 by Louie84x
29 Nov 2020, 22:32
a11p0rt wrote:Am I reading the Ts and Cs right?

On flexible no fee change policy I read it that I can book at 50% off reward flights today then essentially bank them by turning them into Open Tickets that I can use at anytime up to December 2022 subject to availability?

But on Ts and Cs for Black Friday event it says cannot be changed and must be used by October 2021.

Anybody know which it is?

I wanted to move our Jan21 flights to Jan22, but too far out at the min. I asked if I could move them to Sep21, and then once the flights were released pay the £30 admin fee to move them to Jan21. They said yes you can but the extra mileage will be due, so lose the 50% off
#958461 by NorthernLad
14 Dec 2020, 21:21
Lindsk wrote:I have just booked LHR - MCO for May for the excellent £999 price UC (doubt we will be able to go in May and have the holiday we would want, but it gives us the chance to change the booking to November when things may be nearer where they used to be) and VA to cover £350 of each of our tickets when the price goes up.
:cool:

I also booked in this Sale - similar to Lindsk
Does anyone have a screen shot of the conditions for the £350 contribution for a change - or know where to find that information?
Now the Sale is over, that screen doesnt seem to be visible
#958462 by mitchja
14 Dec 2020, 21:30
NorthernLad wrote:Does anyone have a screen shot of the conditions for the £350 contribution for a change - or know where to find that information?

It's part of the the standard VS COVID-19 change policy, details can be found here
#958463 by ColOrd
14 Dec 2020, 22:56
What’s the VH version of this?

I have a booking to New York for middle of April. The base VS fare was £1400 (based on a search on the website at the time) and then packaged up it cost a total of £2300 (hotel rate was pretty much as advertised when you deconstructed it all).

So my concern if this needs to shift is that I wouldn’t find a cheap enough fare to pair up with.
#958469 by NorthernLad
15 Dec 2020, 11:19
mitchja wrote:
NorthernLad wrote:Does anyone have a screen shot of the conditions for the £350 contribution for a change - or know where to find that information?

It's part of the the standard VS COVID-19 change policy, details can be found here

Thanks for that James - much appreciated.
#958492 by ColOrd
16 Dec 2020, 22:45
Some really good deals here - not quite as good as what we saw for black Friday. I've looked at JFK and LAX and there's plenty of the sale fares on offer on those routes.

New York from £1,349
Boston from £1,349
Washington from £1,349
Miami from £1,569
Las Vegas from £1,569
San Francisco from £1,569
Seattle from £1,349
St Vincent from £1,349
Barbados from £1,349
Grenada from £1,349
Tobago from £1,349
Havana from £1,349
Montego from £1,349
Antigua from £1,349
Delhi from £1,349
Mumbai from £1,589
Islamabad from £1,699
#958839 by mikethe3rd
11 Jan 2021, 21:56
We booked in the 50% mileage sale and our flights have been cancelled. Has anyone had luck of rebooking with the other 50% not being collected? If not, I’ll just request a refund of miles and charges.

Thanks!
#958847 by ColOrd
12 Jan 2021, 08:36
If VS have cancelled your flights, surely it’s just a case of moving them to other flights with reward availability in that cabin? If the rebooking is due to VS I wouldn’t have thought they would force you to pay the additional mileage?
#958854 by CommanderB
12 Jan 2021, 10:34
mikethe3rd wrote:We booked in the 50% mileage sale and our flights have been cancelled. Has anyone had luck of rebooking with the other 50% not being collected? If not, I’ll just request a refund of miles and charges.

Thanks!

I rang up to change a reward booking last week and they didn't take the miles difference from 50% to 100%. I changed based on my own preference as some of my plans changed. I think it's touch and go, but because of the flexible change policy and the previous sale, some staff aren't realising they are supposed to take extra miles.
#958923 by mikethe3rd
16 Jan 2021, 05:06
ColOrd wrote:If VS have cancelled your flights, surely it’s just a case of moving them to other flights with reward availability in that cabin? If the rebooking is due to VS I wouldn’t have thought they would force you to pay the additional mileage?

Thank you both.

When I booked, I asked the question and we were told they would take the additional 50%. But I’ll just keep my credit active and hope for the same outcome as above.
Virgin Atlantic