This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#959129 by 15isto2
25 Jan 2021, 14:52
Most cards I have these days renew for between 3-5 years at a time. I just got my new Virgin card with 2 yrs 8months! Its an odd time, any ideas why? Does the Virgin Money contract with VS expire around Nov 2023?
#959134 by VS075
25 Jan 2021, 17:21
15isto2 wrote:Most cards I have these days renew for between 3-5 years at a time. I just got my new Virgin card with 2 yrs 8months! Its an odd time, any ideas why? Does the Virgin Money contract with VS expire around Nov 2023?

I think it's just a Virgin Money-specific thing as my first one was also for 2 years and 8 months. The MBNA cards weren't up for renewal when Virgin Atlantic moved away to Virgin Money, but instead of letting them work until they lapsed MBNA issued new 'Horizon' cards to all those that were still on the books at the time and the VS cards stopped working shortly afterwards irrespective of expiry date. Whether the fact that one of the cards was issued by American Express I have no idea.

It's no big drama really other than just having to make sure anywhere that has your card details saved are updated with new expiry dates etc.