This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#959850 by flowerpot flo
03 Mar 2021, 17:37
Hi all,
You know ages ago when we could fly anywhere we wanted, whenever we wanted, just for fun? Well, can anyone remember if Sept-Nov are particularly popular times to go to Vegas from LHR? The reason I ask is because I'm after 4 reward seats UC and when I look on SeatSpy, there's nothing for those three months, but some availability for all the other months. Of course, it could be that the timetables, frequency and all that jazz, are up in the air (see what I did there?) because of the virus. And I don't want to go until next year anyway, but as I want to go in Sept or Oct, I'm just wondering if it will be impossible on reward seats because there's some secret thing I don't know about that makes Vegas extremely popular then. I suppose I could just wait and see, but I'm excited to be thinking that in a few months I could potentially be booking this holiday ...
Is it a bit optimistic to be looking for 4 UC reward seats too?
#959856 by Hev60
03 Mar 2021, 19:04
This is crystal ball territory... who knows if reward UC will be on offer.

I once went to Vegas mid-September (from Gatwick in those days!). Nabbed to two mid week UC rewards, booked just before the Christmas sale. However everyone on the site will tell you, there is no pattern or predictability to getting reward flights. Now the 747’s have gone, at least there are more seats which ‘could be’ on offer.

When you know the dates you want, be flexible and check the website numerous times a day !!
#959858 by Louie84x
03 Mar 2021, 19:19
Sep/Oct are pretty popular weather wise, since not quite the searing heat of the summer. I booked UC flights to Vegas for aug21 when they did the Nov(?) sale on reward redemptions and I remember there being availability for some dates in Sep at least.

If you are flexible on dates hopefully you’ll be able to pick some up! With regards to wanting 4 would it be a disaster if 2 ended up in premium? As if you could only get 2, premiums are normally easier to pick up and then you could upgrade to UC at a later date if reward availability came up? And if not you’d be able to guest them into clubhouse at LHR at least
#959859 by flowerpot flo
03 Mar 2021, 19:45
Thanks Hev & Louie. I'll glue myself to the computer from Sept onwards & nab anything that comes up for 2022 as & when it comes up. I too got 2 UC reward seats to Vegas back in 2017 when they flew from LGW. Very exclusive it felt - only 14 seats in UC and the couple opposite decided to bunk in together!
Good idea about getting PE seats too & upgrading later. Thank you
#959860 by ScoobySu
03 Mar 2021, 19:47
Having been in March, April, May, June and September, we would say September is our favourite time. it is still definitely pool weather but without the May winds, with the advantage that the USA schools will have returned so hopefully less strollers underfoot ;-) In September 2018 we hit highs of 44'c. If pools are your thing then I think the pools begin to close in October.

flowerpot flo wrote:when I look on SeatSpy, there's nothing for those three months, but some availability for all the other months.

Recent posts on Head for Points have repeatedly said that SeatSpy is not bringing results through, but the main website shows availability - but that might just be for BA rather than Virgin.

Louie84x wrote:I booked UC flights to Vegas for aug21 when they did the Nov(?) sale on reward redemptions and I remember there being availability for some dates in Sep at least.

There were indeed - I managed to nab two of them :-D Fingers crossed we get to go .....
#959863 by Louie84x
03 Mar 2021, 20:01
ScoobySu wrote:There were indeed - I managed to nab two of them :-D Fingers crossed we get to go .....

Oh I know right, crossing all my fingers we are allowed to travel by then! Great deal on flights with the sale and used upgrade voucher too, and then got mlife offer for mini suite at Aria, so I think it’s actually the cheapest (yet also most luxurious) Vegas trip we’ve planned yet... will be so disappointed if it doesn’t come off, but such is life in COVID!
Virgin Atlantic