This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#959899 by mitchja
04 Mar 2021, 21:43
Just a heads-up for anyone with Global Entry waiting to make an interview appointment.

If you have Conditional Approval and are waiting to make an interview appointment, you can now book a remote interview using Zoom (a webcam is required) as well the the usual face to face interviews.

I just happened to log in to my TTP account today and the Zoom appointment option is now there. I've managed to grab an interview appointment for this coming Saturday for my GE renewal interview.

I'll let you know how it goes.

The available appointments don’t seem to hang around long as when I booked mine there where about 40 appointments for Saturday (no other days available) but having just checked again, those are now all gone.
#959900 by Murraymint
04 Mar 2021, 22:59
That’s interesting James. I’ve already rescheduled mine a couple of times so tried it again just now but did not get any option for a remote interview. I wonder if it doesn’t show that option if they are all fully booked or if it’s only available for renewals (this is my initial application). I’ll keep checking.......
#959903 by mitchja
05 Mar 2021, 00:33
Do keep checking as when I first spotted this in the afternoon, there where also no appointments showing as being available.

I logged in a few hours later (round about 20:15) and Saturday appointments where available.
#959907 by mitchja
05 Mar 2021, 18:12
AlecK wrote:Where do they appear please ?

Once logged into your TTP account, as long as you have been Conditionally Approved, you click on the make Appointment link (or Reschedule Interview if you have already made a face to face appointment). The following should then be displayed:

Screenshot 2021-03-05 at 17.09.49.png
Screenshot 2021-03-05 at 17.09.49.png (113.51 KiB) Viewed 4574 times

Select the Remote option and then follow the prompts.
#959922 by tontybear
06 Mar 2021, 10:08
Murraymint wrote:That’s interesting James. I’ve already rescheduled mine a couple of times so tried it again just now but did not get any option for a remote interview. I wonder if it doesn’t show that option if they are all fully booked or if it’s only available for renewals (this is my initial application). I’ll keep checking.......

Renewals only as they would already have your finger prints on file which they won't have for an initial application.
#959929 by Murraymint
06 Mar 2021, 11:25
tontybear wrote:
Murraymint wrote:That’s interesting James. I’ve already rescheduled mine a couple of times so tried it again just now but did not get any option for a remote interview. I wonder if it doesn’t show that option if they are all fully booked or if it’s only available for renewals (this is my initial application). I’ll keep checking.......

Renewals only as they would already have your finger prints on file which they won't have for an initial application.

Ah - did wonder if that was the case. I was hoping they might somehow link it through my passport/ESTA to my other entries to the US.
Back to rescheduling for a face to face for me then. My next one to MCO in April ain’t going to happen either so will need to wait until my next attempted visit to BOS in September.
#959938 by David
06 Mar 2021, 15:36
Just an update for anyone renewing.

After James post about an online renewal, I thought I’d give it a try. Mines is due Nov 2021.

Didn’t realise that you needed another uk access code, presumed that being a renewal, it was still be valid from the initial application and it was just the US bit that was needing renewed.

Not so.

Emailed UK border force Friday 4pm asking if they had a copy of my access code from initial application, received an email Sat 8.45 am telling me I needed a new one one with the link.

Filled in application around 9am, got email 9.12 telling me they would email within 10 working days.

Received next email same day 2.10 pm with new access code and have now awaiting on renewal from US.

So far, so good and all very quick - same costs apply £42 for home office $100 for US

David
#959940 by mitchja
06 Mar 2021, 19:12
All done. That was quick and very easy :)

It took around 5 minutes. You just confirm your details and then answer a couple of questions.

You will need your passport to hand as the officer will ask you to show them the photo page.

My TTP account already shows my Global Entry status as approved with another 5 years added.
#960098 by getinjonathan
15 Mar 2021, 16:06
15isto2 wrote:To my shock mine has just been renewed with no interview needed!

That's exactly what happened to me. Under the previous presidency it just sat there waiting to give me an appointment, then suddenly one day - the magic green light.
#960214 by zjc
24 Mar 2021, 22:34
Hey

Looking for some global entry advice.

I applied for global entry for the first time back before COVID was a thing and didn’t get my conditional approval until late 2020.

I now need to renew my passport, does this mean I’ll need to do a whole new global entry application again or can you simple edit your passport details on your current global entry application somehow?

Thanks
#960216 by mitchja
24 Mar 2021, 22:39
zjc wrote:
I now need to renew my passport, does this mean I’ll need to do a whole new global entry application again or can you simple edit your passport details on your current global entry application somehow?

Thanks

No need for a new application, as you can update your documents (passport and/or driving license) via the link in your TTP account. Once logged in, click the link at the right hand side of the screen under where it says ‘Update your info’ and follow the instructions:

38143248-8332-4B15-B3B3-49918D423A77.jpeg
38143248-8332-4B15-B3B3-49918D423A77.jpeg (154.6 KiB) Viewed 3262 times
#960243 by mitchja
25 Mar 2021, 21:13
The 5 years do just get added to your existing expiry date (which will be your birth date).

You are as well to renew as soon as you possibly can as my renewal application took about 11 months to just get to the conditional approval stage.

The initial UK home office approval bit took 1 month as well.

In total including the Zoom conditional approval interview, my entire renewal application took almost 14 months.

Here's my timeline. My Global Entry due to expire 03/01/2021.

03/01/2020 - GE renewal available. Applied for UK Home Office approval / access code.
04/02/2020 - Home Office approval / access code received.
04/02/2020 - GE renewal application + fee submitted.
14/12/2020 - GE renewal conditional approval received.
06/03/2021 - Zoom appointment / renewal fully approved.
Virgin Atlantic