This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#960474 by Rigchick
20 Nov 2022, 10:54
Been a fair while since we flew out of Heathrow, usually Gatwick.

With the demise of twilight check in, what’s the earliest time that we can check in luggage?

Coming down the previous night and staying in a hotel as it was originally a 0920 take off. Now been changed to 1050. Trying to avoid the queues, although hoping as it’s a Thursday it won’t be too bad. Also keeping fingers crossed that Airportr restarts its service with Virgin
#960482 by CBRLondon
22 Nov 2022, 01:00
Hi,

I have been through checkin a few times over the past few weeks and it’s fine. No different to that you used to experience at LGW.

Not sure of the exact opening time of checkin, but it’s 6am or earlier. But you don’t want to get there that early for a 1050 flight!

Hope that’s helpful.
#960486 by Rigchick
22 Nov 2022, 12:45
Thanks for the reply. Actually just trying to be cheeky and see how far in advance we can drop the suitcases rather than taking them to the hotel with us :-D Sort of twilight without it being twilight if you get my meaning

CBRLondon wrote:Hi,

I have been through checkin a few times over the past few weeks and it’s fine. No different to that you used to experience at LGW.

Not sure of the exact opening time of checkin, but it’s 6am or earlier. But you don’t want to get there that early for a 1050 flight!

Hope that’s helpful.
#960487 by mitchja
22 Nov 2022, 12:56
Welcome to V;Flyer :)

There is never usually any issues dropping your bags at any time from when check-in opens on the day you fly. They won't, however, accept any bags the day before.

VS check-in is now split across zone A and zone B in T3, with zone B now used for MCO, MIA and all Caribbean destinations. For all other destinations you continue to use zone A.