This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961580 by mitchja
04 Aug 2021, 14:41
Just spotted this on the VS website homepage.

Looks like they are (re)starting flights to NAS (Bahamas) from LHR. More details here.

Flights go on sale Aug 11th. Launching twice-weekly services (Wed + Sat) commencing on 20 November using 789's.

VS did used to fly to NAS from LGW using 744's as I remember flying that route back in 2005.
#961587 by gumshoe
04 Aug 2021, 19:11
DIAZLUXO wrote:On his instagram post Shai Weiss also said that more new routes will be announced in weeks to come.
Any predictions?

Anywhere that goes green after tomorrow’s traffic light review!
#961589 by FLYERZ
04 Aug 2021, 19:54
Hard to predict as they are quickly exhausting new caribbean desintations...maybe re-entry to Mexico?
#961590 by 747G-VXLG
04 Aug 2021, 20:24
DIAZLUXO wrote:On his instagram post Shai Weiss also said that more new routes will be announced in weeks to come.
Any predictions?

LHR-CUN
LHR-MLE
MAN-MBJ
MAN-GND
MAN-TLV
#961596 by VS075
05 Aug 2021, 08:02
DIAZLUXO wrote:They won’t be on the red list forever so…

True - but launching a route to a red list country isn't really a good idea. It's no doubt why the MAN-India routes keep getting pushed back (notwithstanding how entry from a red list country can only be through LHR). Better to wait until it's amber or green before launching a route.

That said, there's a gap in the UK-Cancun market as Thomas Cook used to fly there.
#961600 by 5549
05 Aug 2021, 15:33
LHR>NRT would be ace.

I dont know how profitable it would be though, and Japan is currently firmly closed to tourists.

And there is the problem, its a chicken and egg situation.
#961601 by Hev60
05 Aug 2021, 18:34

There is no need to be reply so rudely.

I was merely pointing out that Mexico has been added to the red list as no other forum contributors had mentioned it.

At this point in time, it is very unlikely that Virgin Atlantic would be looking at re- introducing this route.

Obviously it is hoped that this situation won’t last for long. However as I recall the USA has had the rest of the world on a dangerous red status for the past 18 months, therefore longevity is difficult to predict.
#961602 by 747G-VXLG
05 Aug 2021, 18:41
Hev60 wrote:

There is no need to be reply so rudely.

I was merely pointing out that Mexico has been added to the red list as no other forum contributors had mentioned it.

At this point in time, it is very unlikely that Virgin Atlantic would be looking at re- introducing this route.

Obviously it is hoped that this situation won’t last for long. However as I recall the USA has had the rest of the world on a dangerous red status for the past 18 months, therefore longevity is difficult to predict.

I’d love to know what your definition of rude is because I certainly wouldn’t have interpreted that reply as rude at all.
Virgin Atlantic