This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961704 by steveb
04 Jun 2023, 21:13
Hi all,

Are K fares in PE upgradable with points?

I know they didn’t used to be, but thought it changed. Not sure if it’s changed back again since and there seems to be mixed info online.

Thanks,

Steve
#961705 by Kraken
04 Jun 2023, 21:42
A few years ago (pre-pandemic) a friend was doing LHR-JFK on a K fare ticket. Tried to upgrade & all was going swimmingly at the LHR ticket desk until a supervisory-type employee saw what the agent was trying to do. No upgrade - and he was offering cash, not miles for the upgrade.

Some years prior to this I successfully upgraded from a K fare to a Z Upper Class fare for cash via the VS call centre. No problems & new e-ticket received within 24hrs.

Seems like the same old story with VS - it all depends who you speak to.
#961706 by CommanderB
04 Jun 2023, 22:22
They are. This all changed sometime during COVID.

I've booked K fares and upgraded them both over the phone and at the airport. First time I heard about it I had to triple-check with the agent I was so gobsmacked.

It all falls into the new ticketing stuff they do like flex fares. Now the fare bucket is less about rules and more about "just pay the difference if you need to change". It's so much easier now. Glad VS made these changes.