This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962079 by Hev60
02 Aug 2023, 23:41
I have a reservation for flights to San Francisco next April 2024.

This evening I have just heard that a close friend is getting married next year in South Africa and I would like to change my flights to Johannesburg instead.

My current UC fares are non refundable but do Virgin Atlantic allow for changes to another destination for a fee?
Probably a long shot but it would be handy to have some info before phoning those wonderful helpful booking agents ;-)
#962080 by mitchja
03 Aug 2023, 00:29
If it’s a Z fare, these do allow changes, however, the change fee is £250 + any difference in fare.

CHANGES ANY TIME CHARGE GBP 250.00. NOTE - CHANGE FEES APPLY PER PASSENGER/PER TRANSACTION FOR ADULTS/ CHILDREN AND INFANTS OCCUPYING AS SEAT. INFANTS WITHOUT A SEAT CHARGE 10 PERCENT -------------------------------------------------- CHANGE FEES APPLY FOR ANY CHANGES TO RESERVATIONS INCLUDING TO FLIGHTS/DATES/ROUTINGS AND CLASSES. REPRICING AND REISSUE MUST BE COMPLETED AT THE SAME TIME THE RESERVATION IS CHANGED. CHANGES MUST BE MADE PRIOR TO DEPARTURE OF THE FLIGHT - CHANGES MADE AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE FLIGHT WILL BE CONSIDERED A NO-SHOW AND THE APPLICABLE NO-SHOW POLICY WILL APPLY
#962083 by Hev60
03 Aug 2023, 13:42
Hi James, thankyou for that info. I have read on the forum previously about folk making changes and this costing a £30 fee but I guess that’s for flexible fares?

We have G fares booked. One was a PE reward and the other a PE revenue fare, then both upgraded using credit card vouchers. Can these be changed and are those conditions the same.
Thank you in advance. Hev
#962084 by mitchja
03 Aug 2023, 13:56
If it's a G reward fare, then yes those come with a £30 change fee (unless you are Au and that fee is usually waived)

It doesn't matter what the fare started as before the upgrade voucher was applied. The system just sees your fare now as a reward G fare.

There will need to be G reward fare availability on the dates you want to change to though.
#962090 by Hev60
03 Aug 2023, 17:08
Thank you so much James. Really appreciate your help and knowledge.

Fares to Johannesburg are considerably cheaper when using the same method (points, money & vouchers) as the San Francisco G fares. If it’s only going to cost £30 pp then hopefully Kruger NP is our new destination.
Wide open availability for our dates.
Now for battle with the booking Agents at VS ;-)
Virgin Atlantic