This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962373 by Ascot_Ed
12 Sep 2023, 16:30
I find that when I want to use VA points on AF or KLM I have to call up to finalise the booking even when the VAA website shows the seat, points and cost and takes me to a payment screen.
I've tried unsuccessfully this week to book KLM flights and the VA agent tells me he has had a number of issues trying to complete KLM reward bookings and 'thinks' there is a communication issue between KLM and VA systems at the moment.

Anyone had a similar experience and resolved it? My agent seems competent but have I been unlucky and got someone who hasn't processed it correctly?
#962374 by CommanderB
12 Sep 2023, 22:11
I haven’t been able to book KLM seats on the website. It showed availability but wouldn’t complete the booking.

Phone agent had a similar issue but managed to get it ticketed. Flight is later this week, so we’ll see if there’s any issues at the airport but it seems to be fine since the booking was made.
#962376 by Chinafish
13 Sep 2023, 09:37
Yep, I tried to book LHR - HKG award tickets on VS site, on either AF or KL metal. They would show availability on the site but would fail after I put in my credit card details.
I'd just check that there's availability, then call up and book. I just feed them with the exact dates and flight numbers and it was relatively painless.
#962385 by Ascot_Ed
13 Sep 2023, 22:17
Thanks both. I have previously managed to book AF to SJO by phone using points (website never completes) but the KLM trip has defeated the agent so far. I have all the details, times etc and the reward availability shows for the agent but cannot secure the seat from KLM system.
I will have another try tomorrow.
#962404 by CommanderB
18 Sep 2023, 11:25
Took my KLM flights over the weekend, it was a great experience.

• Itinerary got re-ticketed the day before travel. Not entirely sure why, but I got a second e-ticket email.
  • Fare codes on the boarding passes were wrong, they showed revenue buckets rather than reward buckets. (No sign of any points yet).
  • Points didn't get taken from my VS account until after the flights were taken, but the dates were manually adjusted to the transaction date.
  • VS flying club number was correct, but showed as silver on the boarding pass. Not an issue as I was business anyway.
  • No issues with check in or the trip generally other than some delayed flights.
Virgin Atlantic