This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962347 by Treelo
17 Oct 2021, 10:59
Anyone got a best 'guesstimate' when the VS MAN Clubhouse will open? I ask from a purely selfish standpoint - we are not due to fly to the US until mid-May but would love to experience the newest Clubhouse :D
#962349 by cheesebag
17 Oct 2021, 11:22
Where is it going to be? Flew out of the new T2 in July and where the old VS holiday lounge was looked deserted
#962351 by Treelo
17 Oct 2021, 11:27
cheesebag wrote:Where is it going to be? Flew out of the new T2 in July and where the old VS holiday lounge was looked deserted

The new Clubhouse is in the new T2 - nothing to do with the VH V-Room.
#962352 by mitchja
17 Oct 2021, 11:56
No idea when it's due to open but apparently it's located somewhere on the upper level of the new terminal area (same level where the 1903 & Escape lounges are). VS are quoted as saying it will open '....once the number of departures picks up again'.

The V Hols V:Room lounge is gone for good now apparently. The old areas of T2 that are still in use now (check-in desks / departure gates / immigration / baggage claim / arrivals etc) are all due for renovation during the next phase of the terminal transformation project apparently.

I'll be flying VS from MAN again on Nov 10th so I will report back if anything is progressing. I'll also have a nose around as well!
#962357 by ColOrd
17 Oct 2021, 15:47
I don’t think we will see it till at least Summer 22, and I reckon VS will try to get a couple of other airlines to use it too, SQ immediately springs to mind!
#962358 by 747G-VXLG
17 Oct 2021, 17:13
ColOrd wrote:I don’t think we will see it till at least Summer 22, and I reckon VS will try to get a couple of other airlines to use it too, SQ immediately springs to mind!

I think it will be late March/ early April and I think you are right about other airlines. They will probably allow all of the airlines that code share with them and maybe the more expensive airlines that use terminal 2 as well but I think it will depend on how big the lounge is. They may take the opportunity to reinstate the India flights to get more upper to fill the lounge up.
#962361 by mitchja
17 Oct 2021, 18:14
When I was there the other week, VS are already sharing the 1903 lounge with SQ. No paid entries in the 1903 lounge yet as they are all going into the Escape lounge so far. Not sure if any other airlines are the 1903 lounge?

The MAN airport website does state the 1903 lounge will allow paid access from 'later in 2021' though the £36 pp entry fee may deter some pax. The Escape lounge entry is £23 pp.

VS will have upto 4 flights a day from MAN from early Dec onwards I believe once ATL starts up again (MCO, JFK, ATL & BGI 3 days a week) so things may start getting busy in that 1903 lounge later this year.

IMHO, that's maybe the time to stat thinking about opening the Clubhouse?
#962362 by 747G-VXLG
17 Oct 2021, 18:21
mitchja wrote:When I was there the other week, VS are already sharing the 1903 lounge with SQ. No paid entries in the 1903 lounge yet as they are all going into the Escape lounge so far. Not sure if any other airlines are the 1903 lounge?

The MAN airport website does state the 1903 lounge will allow paid access from 'later in 2021' though the £36 pp entry fee may deter some pax. The Escape lounge entry is £23 pp.

VS will have upto 4 flights a day from MAN from early Dec onwards I believe once ATL starts up again (MCO, JFK, ATL & BGI 3 days a week) so things may start getting busy in that 1903 lounge later this year.

IMHO, that's maybe the time to stat thinking about opening the Clubhouse?

I believe there is 7 weekly MCO and JFK, 5 weekly BGI, 4 weekly ISB and 3 weekly ATL on 789s and A333s.
#962363 by mitchja
17 Oct 2021, 18:22
Sorry yes, I forgot about ISB so that's up to 5 departures some days.
#962376 by ColOrd
18 Oct 2021, 03:11
For the Summer season does MCO go back to double
daily with the 75 and the later 73? Does that op 7 days a week?
#962379 by 747G-VXLG
18 Oct 2021, 13:36
ColOrd wrote:For the Summer season does MCO go back to double

For the summer season next year MAN should be:
MCO - 12 weekly - 7 VS75 and 5 VS73 with the latter aircraft being shared with EDI
JFK - 7 weekly
ATL - 7 weekly
BGI - 5 weekly
ISB - 4 weekly
LAX - 3 weekly

All subject to change
#962380 by mitchja
18 Oct 2021, 14:30
There’s the postponed MAN>MBJ flights as well from April 22.
#962385 by 747G-VXLG
18 Oct 2021, 18:27
mitchja wrote:There’s the postponed MAN>MBJ flights as well from April 22.

Aren’t the MBJ flights only seasonal in the winter?
#962390 by nicsbx
19 Oct 2021, 11:57
With regards to location, the VS app has maps of the new Terminal 2. It shows the Clubhouse as directly next to Escape/1903 facing the airfield. Is this correct?
#962391 by VS075
19 Oct 2021, 12:32
nicsbx wrote:With regards to location, the VS app has maps of the new Terminal 2. It shows the Clubhouse as directly next to Escape/1903 facing the airfield. Is this correct?

I'm amazed that VS have a map of the new T2 on their App, yet MAN's website doesn't, even though in the past they published maps of all three terminals.
#962398 by matt.hibb
20 Oct 2021, 10:28
As of 28th Sept, AF/KLM have been operating from T2. Can Flying Blue Platinum holders use Clubhouses, or do they have to be on a VS/DL operated flight?
#962401 by mitchja
20 Oct 2021, 12:27
They do have to be flying VS or DL. From the VS website:

Who can access Clubhouse?

Passengers travelling in Virgin Atlantic Upper Class
Flying Club Gold members travelling with us
Passengers travelling in Delta One
Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion card holders*
Delta SkyMiles Platinum Medallion card holders*
Flying Blue Platinum card holders*
Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Elite Gold members and PPS card holders**
Air New Zealand Gold card holders when travelling with Virgin Atlantic to San Francisco
Air New Zealand Gold Elite card holders when travelling with Virgin Atlantic to San Francisco
Virgin Australia Velocity Club Gold card holders**
Virgin Australia Velocity Club Platinum card holders**
Virgin Australia Velocity The Club card holders**

*When travelling on a Virgin Atlantic or Delta Air Lines operated flight leaving the UK.
**When travelling on a Virgin Atlantic operated flight.
#962872 by nicsbx
25 Nov 2021, 18:11
747G-VXLG wrote:
ColOrd wrote:For the Summer season does MCO go back to double

For the summer season next year MAN should be:
MCO - 12 weekly - 7 VS75 and 5 VS73 with the latter aircraft being shared with EDI
JFK - 7 weekly
ATL - 7 weekly
BGI - 5 weekly
ISB - 4 weekly
LAX - 3 weekly

All subject to change

Given that now VS operations next summer probably won't be much more than at present, with BGI/LAX not operating and only MBJ added, do you think there's any reason they haven't decided to open the MAN Clubhouse yet?
#962873 by OCdreamin
25 Nov 2021, 19:25
With BGI & LAX dropped for next summer, I seriously doubt they will fit-out the Clubhouse lounge, instead sharing the 1903 lounge for the limited services intended from MAN.
#962880 by nicsbx
26 Nov 2021, 20:50
OCdreamin wrote:With BGI & LAX dropped for next summer, I seriously doubt they will fit-out the Clubhouse lounge, instead sharing the 1903 lounge for the limited services intended from MAN.

I was under the impression that much of it was complete and just awaiting opening, is that not the case?

The MAN map on the VS app shows the Clubhouse already, and there will still be up to 6 services next summer (MCOx2, JFK, ATL, ISB, MBJ).
#962881 by ColOrd
26 Nov 2021, 20:55
Check the other thread - ATL being pulled!
#962882 by nicsbx
26 Nov 2021, 21:02
ColOrd wrote:Check the other thread - ATL being pulled!

Seems an odd decision… but still, my question stands with whether the MAN Clubhouse is already fitted out? Does anyone know? Thank you :)
#962893 by OCdreamin
27 Nov 2021, 12:17
I don't know and haven't visited T2 to look, but remember reading (I think it was on a thread here) that work on the MAN CL had paused, and it would be completed in time for next summer. Apologies for the vagueness. Hope someone 'in the know' can give some authoritative info. But with all the reported cuts to MAN services, and prioritisation of LHR and possibly Gatwick, I cannot see it opening.
#962894 by mitchja
27 Nov 2021, 12:24
From what I can gather the 'space' for the VS Clubhouse at MAN was completed at the same time as the rest of the new terminal, however, it's not furnished yet. It's next to where the Escape lounge is located on the upper level.

I don't know how these things work but VS will have probably signed some sort of lease agreement with M.A.G. for the lounge space (maybe even with a minimum period of time as well) so I would imagine it will be costing them regardless of if it's used or not?

I believe the recruitment was also originally started last year (they where advertising locally for Clubhouse staff) so again no idea what happens with that side of things as well?
Virgin Atlantic