This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962498 by Weaver33
26 Oct 2021, 16:55
flyingfox wrote:Update from RoutesOnline

Virgin Atlantic in last week’s schedule update filed additional adjustment to its planned operation for the month of November 2020. As of 23OCT20, planned operation as follows. Additional changes remain highly possible.

London Heathrow – Atlanta 3 weekly 787-9
London Heathrow – Boston eff 21NOV20 3 weekly 787-9
London Heathrow – Bridgetown – Antigua 2 weekly 787-9
London Heathrow – Bridgetown – Grenada 2 weekly 787-9
London Heathrow – Delhi 4 weekly 787-9 (5 weekly from 16NOV20)
London Heathrow – Hong Kong 4 weekly 787-9
London Heathrow – Johannesburg 4 weekly 787-9
London Heathrow – Lagos 1 daily A350-1000XWB
London Heathrow – Los Angeles 1 daily 787-9/A350-1000XWB
London Heathrow – Miami 3 weekly 787-9
London Heathrow – Montego Bay 2 weekly 787-9
London Heathrow – Mumbai 5 weekly 787-9 (4 weekly from 16NOV20)
London Heathrow – New York JFK 2 daily 787-9/A350-1000XWB
London Heathrow – Shanghai Pu Dong 2 weekly 787-9
London Heathrow – Tel Aviv 4 weekly 787-9 (1 daily from 17NOV20)

Planned 1 daily A350-1000XWB service to Atlanta and Johannesburg from 16NOV20, has been postponed to 01DEC20 at the earliest.

This is actually 2020, not 2021.
#962526 by flyingfox
29 Oct 2021, 10:15
Update from VS Trade;

Bookings affected by these changes will be updated on Saturday 30 October 2021.

Cancellations Effective until & including
China LHR-PVG 21 Nov 2021

We are also making some frequency updates on selected routes. We will continue to keep our website up to date with all the latest updates to schedule and travel restrictions.

During November we plan to maintain operations on the following routes, subject to late changes:

Our flying programme

USA
LHR-ATL-LHR Daily
LHR-BOS-LHR 5 per week, 1-7 Nov/ per week, 8-30 Nov
LHR-JFK-LHR 4 x Daily, 1-14 Nov/24 per week, 15-30 Nov
LHR-LAS-LHR 4 per week from 8 Nov
LHR-LAX-LHR 2 x Daily
LHR-MIA-LHR Daily
LHR-MCO-LHR Daily from 8 Nov
LHR-SFO-LHR 5 per week, 1-7 Nov/4 per week, 7-30 Nov
MAN-JFK-MAN 6 per week from 8 Nov
MAN-MCO-MAN Daily from 8 Nov

Caribbean
LHR-ANU-LHR 4 per week
LHR-BGI-LHR 9 per week
LHR-GND-LHR (via BGI) 2 per week
LHR-MBJ-LHR 3 per week, 1-14 Nov/2 per week, 17-30 Nov
LHR-NAS-LHR (via MBJ) 2 per week from 20 Nov
LHR-SVD-LHR (via BGI) 2 per week
MAN-BGI-MAN 4 per week from 4 Nov

South Africa
LHR-JNB-LHR 3 per week

India
LHR-BOM-LHR Daily
LHR-DEL-LHR Daily

Pakistan
LHR-LHE-LHR 4 per week
LHR-ISB-LHR 3 per week
MAN-ISB-MAN 4 per week

Hong Kong
LHR-HKG 2 per week
HKG-LHR Daily

Nigeria
LHR-LOS-LHR Daily

Israel
LHR-TLV-LHR Daily

Our partners are also back in the skies, and here's a reminder of where they are flying long-haul from the UK in October.

Our partner Delta Air Lines flying programme
LHR-ATL-LHR Daily
LHR-JFK-LHR 10 per week
LHR-DTW-LHR 4 per week
LHR-BOS-LHR 3 per week

It remains a dynamic time for international travel and we’re continually reviewing our flying schedules. As we consider our longer-term flying programme, we’ve taken the decision to restart our twice-weekly London Heathrow-Havana flights in the second half of 2022, when we look forward to returning to Cuba. These flights have been taken off sale, but bookings will not yet be updated. In the meantime, please use our flexibility policy when assisting any customers affected by this. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused to our customers due to travel this summer.

Edit to add details on the LHR-HAV route
Last edited by flyingfox on 29 Oct 2021, 13:39, edited 1 time in total.
#962529 by VS075
29 Oct 2021, 12:32
Just noticed MAN-JFK has been reduced from daily to 6x weekly. I guess it won't affect many people as much, but I wonder if this is down to demand or VS not having the resources to accommodate it daily just yet?
#962530 by ColOrd
29 Oct 2021, 13:35
There’s quite a big step up around the 8th-15th with LAS and MCO back on, back to 24 weekly JFKs (that must mean some days will see 4 JFKs!) not to mention MCO and JFK restarting from Manchester.
Operationally they will be scrambling for both flight deck and cabin crew. I know a lot of crew that were holding pool have got other jobs and just said “nah we ain’t going back now”
#962548 by mitchja
01 Nov 2021, 10:27
Noticed the wording on the VS website for using TrustAssure when traveling to the US for COVID-19 tests / passes has now been updated to include all US flights.

No sign of this yet though in VS online bookings?

Go paperless and save time

All customers travelling to the US have the option to trial our new digital test verification process.

Use the TrustAssure web link provided in 'manage my booking' to upload your antigen, LAMP or PCR test result. The online verification tool will give you confirmation of validity within two minutes and one less thing to do at check in.

Everyone aged 2 and over travelling to the US will also have to fill in a Attestation form before arriving at the airport.

Pre departure forms

Digital Passenger Disclosure and Attestation form

It is a legal requirement that all customers aged 2 years or older, travelling by air from the UK to the USA, must complete a Passenger Disclosure and Attestation form. This also includes any customers connecting through the USA. Parents or guardians may complete forms for passengers aged 2 to 17 years old.

You must complete the attestation form within 72 hours of your travel to the U.S. Please ensure this is completed before you get to the airport, as it will be checked by our Airport staff and you will not be permitted to travel without it.

To make this as easy as possible, you can now fill in the attestation form online. For those customers travelling on Virgin Atlantic operated flights connecting through the UK to the USA, you will need to complete the form before you board the first sector of your journey to the USA.

That can be found here
#962549 by buns
01 Nov 2021, 11:07
James

Many Thanks - This is very helpful.

We recently travelled back from Europe on BA and use a similar system called VERIFLY. It certainly made the check in process a lot easier, so hopefully when the VS system is up and running, it will be a "must".

Thanks once again

Buns
#962569 by flyingfox
02 Nov 2021, 15:33
An update from VS Trade on car parking arrangements at Edinburgh airport;

VSbulletin - Glasgow services moving to Edinburgh, Car Parking update

In August 2021, we had to change our flights to operate from Edinburgh Airport (EDI) instead of Glasgow Airport (GLA). Further to our previous VSbulletin, to limit the impact this has on your customers journey, Edinburgh Airport will be providing free car parking to customers travelling on Virgin Atlantic to Orlando who have been affected by this airport change. We can now share more information about how this will work in practice.

When they’re ready to go to the airport, they simply park their vehicle at Edinburgh Airport’s secure Long Stay car park, which is a 6-8 minute walk from the Terminal (please note, there is not a shuttle bus service).

There’s no need to pre book. Just turn up and take a ticket at the Long Stay entry barrier as normal. They can leave their car safely for up to three weeks while they go and enjoy their holiday.

This free offer applies to the Long Stay car park only, so make sure they don’t park in a different car park or they will be eligible for parking fees.

When they go to the Virgin Atlantic Check In desk at Departures they can collect the free exit ticket, which will be waiting for them. They must remember to put it somewhere safe for use upon return.

We hope this goes some way to easing the start of your customer’s trip, so they can concentrate on planning the rest of their holiday.

FAQs

Who gets free parking?
Anyone flying with Virgin Atlantic direct to Orlando from Edinburgh from April 2022. Customers flying from Edinburgh to Barbados or other routes are not eligible.

How long can your customers park for?
Customers can leave their car safely for up to three weeks.

Which car park can your customers use?
This free service is for the secure Long Stay car park at Edinburgh airport, which is just a short 6-8 minute walk from the Terminal (there’s no shuttle bus).
In the event the main car park is full, there’ll be someone at the barrier to redirect customers to another secure onsite car park instead.

Do customers need to pre book?
No. They just turn up on the day of departure and take their ticket at the entry barrier as normal. A free exit ticket will be waiting for them at the check in desk to collect, ready to use when they arrive home.

What happens if your customer's lose their ticket?
Don’t worry if they forget to collect their exit ticket or lose it while they're away. They will just need to pop to the multi storey car park office on thier return, show their Virgin Atlantic boarding pass or eTicket and they'll be given you a new one.

If they have already paid for parking, can they get a refund?
If your customer has already booked parking through Edinburgh airport, they can get a refund at the car park office on arrival, or by contacting Edinburgh airport's Help and support team on 0131 357 6337
If they’ve booked parking elsewhere, Edinburgh airport will recompense them for any charges. They need to contact their parking provider direct to get a refund before their trip, as they won’t be able to get one after they’ve returned.

Are there any other free parking options?
This offer is only for customers using the Long Stay car park. Edinburgh airport does also provide Short Stay and meet-and-greet options, which can be purchased from them directly.
#962572 by David
02 Nov 2021, 19:07
I noticed the free car parking offer when booking Edi Mco recently but didn’t pay a great deal of attention to it. You can usually ( or you could pre covid ) get a deal parking in the short stay directly in front of the terminal for a few pounds more.

When reading your update I got a little confused about the long stay location and the fact that there are no shuttle buses. Probably another covid excuse - there used to be. But on the downside and what anybody taking up the offer should be aware of, the long stay, which is the one you get to by driving past the Hilton (or whatever it’s called now ) is much much more than a 6 - 8 minute walk especially if pulling cases or trying to steer a wobbly trolley.

In fact, unless your are very fit and agile, I wouldn’t even attempt it unless there is a new shortcut they have made.

David
#962587 by flyingfox
04 Nov 2021, 15:00
Update from VS Trade;

VSbulletin COVID-19 Ongoing Travel Disruption - 4 November 2021
It remains a dynamic time for international travel and we’re continually reviewing our flying schedules.

As we consider our longer-term flying programme, we’ve taken the decision to restart our Manchester-Los Angeles flights later than originally planned, with our expectation that these flights will now resume in 2023. We remain committed to serving this seasonal transatlantic link from our home in the north, which launched in May 2019, and apologise for the inconvenience caused to our mutual customers due to travel in summer 2022.

In the meantime, we look forward to restarting our popular New York-JFK and Orlando services from Manchester on 8 November, as the US reopens to fully vaccinated international visitors, to be followed by Atlanta services from 2 December. Barbados and Islamabad services are already in operation three times per week, as part of our unique intercontinental network from Manchester.

Before customers travel, please ensure they are checking the countries entry requirements for their destination. Everything they need to know before they head to the airport can be found here, but it’s also important to check the latest government travel advice and entry requirements here

Our flexible booking policy gives customers the freedom to book with confidence for departures up to 30 April 2023.

Our partner Delta Air Lines is also offering expanded flexibility and extended ticket validity through December 31, 2022.

As a result of the fast-moving travel environment, we continue to make schedule changes which will affect our flying programme for the coming weeks.
We are reducing frequencies on several routes, however to ensure impacted passengers can continue with their travel plans, they will be reprotected to the most suitable alternative departure.
Where a flight is cancelled, and due to limited operations to these destinations, there will be no reprotection option available.

Bookings affected by these changes will be updated on Saturday 6 November 2021.

Cancellations Effective until & including
USA MAN-LAX 28 Oct 2022
Caribbean LHR-HAV 29 Oct 2022
China LHR-PVG 31 Dec 2021

We are also making some frequency updates on selected routes. We will continue to keep our website up to date with all the latest updates to schedule and travel restrictions.

During November we plan to maintain operations on the following routes, subject to late changes:

Our flying programme
USA
LHR-ATL-LHR Daily
LHR-BOS-LHR Daily
LHR-JFK-LHR 3 x Daily
LHR-LAS-LHR 4 per week from 8 Nov
LHR-LAX-LHR 2 x Daily
LHR-MIA-LHR Daily
LHR-MCO-LHR Daily from 8 Nov
LHR-SFO-LHR 5 per week
MAN-JFK-MAN 6 per week from 8 Nov
MAN-MCO-MAN Daily from 8 Nov

Caribbean
LHR-ANU-LHR 4 per week
LHR-BGI-LHR 9 per week
LHR-GND-LHR (via BGI) 2 per week
LHR-MBJ-LHR 6 per week
LHR-NAS-LHR (via MBJ) 2 per week from 20 Nov
LHR-SVD-LHR (via BGI) 2 per week
MAN-BGI-MAN 4 per week

South Africa
LHR-JNB-LHR Daily

India
LHR-BOM-LHR Daily
LHR-DEL-LHR Daily

Pakistan
LHR-LHE-LHR 4 per week
LHR-ISB-LHR 3 per week
MAN-ISB-MAN 4 per week

Hong Kong
LHR-HKG 2 per week
HKG-LHR Daily

Nigeria
LHR-LOS-LHR Daily

Israel
LHR-TLV-LHR Daily

Our partners are also back in the skies, and here's a reminder of where they are flying long-haul from the UK in November.
Our partner Delta Air Lines flying programme
LHR-ATL-LHR Daily
LHR-JFK-LHR 10 per week
LHR-DTW-LHR 4 per week
LHR-BOS-LHR 3 per week

#962597 by zjc
05 Nov 2021, 15:59
mitchja wrote:TrustAssure links now showing in online USA flight bookings.

Nothing shows up in the app though.

anyone else having this error:

To travel between the UK and the US, you need to show evidence of a negative test taken within 3 days before you fly. Test uploading isn't available right now, your test status will be verified at the airport.
#962609 by mitchja
06 Nov 2021, 10:28
Yes, mine has switched to the same message now.

I will see if anything changes as I get nearer to departure on Wednesday. My 72 hour window before travel opens tomorrow at 13:10 so I'll see if I can fill in the US Customer Attestation form then.

Got my COVID-19 drive-thru antigen lateral flow fit to fly COVID test booked for tomorrow using Express Test again. That result should be back within the hour as well unlike a PCR test which takes ~24 hrs.
#962611 by jilly
06 Nov 2021, 12:00
mitchja wrote:Yes, mine has switched to the same message now.

I will see if anything changes as I get nearer to departure on Wednesday. My 72 hour window before travel opens tomorrow at 13:10 so I'll see if I can fill in the US Customer Attestation form then.

Got my COVID-19 drive-thru antigen lateral flow fit to fly COVID test booked for tomorrow using Express Test again. That result should be back within the hour as well unlike a PCR test which takes ~24 hrs.

Thanks. Will watch with interest, I'm 24 hours behind you (negative test conditional).
#962634 by markyl
07 Nov 2021, 11:33
Virgin Atlantic set aside old rivalries with British Airways for joint take-off to mark reopening of US to UK passengers after more than 600 days

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/news/virgin-atlantic-set-aside-old-rivalries-with-british-airways-for-joint-take-off-to-mark-reopening-of-us-to-uk-passengers-after-more-than-600-days/ar-AAQoRqt?li=AAJsPCA
#962635 by 747G-VXLG
07 Nov 2021, 11:47
markyl wrote:Virgin Atlantic set aside old rivalries with British Airways for joint take-off to mark reopening of US to UK passengers after more than 600 days

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/news/virgin-atlantic-set-aside-old-rivalries-with-british-airways-for-joint-take-off-to-mark-reopening-of-us-to-uk-passengers-after-more-than-600-days/ar-AAQoRqt?li=AAJsPCA

Do we know which aircraft virgin are using for this?
#962649 by 747G-VXLG
07 Nov 2021, 20:02
mitchja wrote:It's the VS3 which is indeed showing as being an A351 tomorrow upto the 13th then it's back to an A333.

It will be G-VJAM on VS3 on 27 Left and G-XWBG will be on 27 Right at 08:30 tomorrow.
Virgin Atlantic