This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962524 by petercooper
07 Oct 2023, 13:46
With COVID and how corporate events took a dive in my industry, I haven't flown UC in 4 years, but I am finally back at the Clubhouse. I'd never bothered to come up to the rooftop garden before but I've been sat up here for an hour entirely alone.. it's fantastic, 24C and a slight breeze! :cool: Forget the lounge, just let me up on the roof with a sun lounger and some planes to watch in future.. possible future product for Virgin?

I'm flying VS41 to SFO this evening so have a few more hours before it's called, so I might end up taking advantage of the CH facilities once I get bored. Hello to anyone else who might happen to be here, or if anyone's got any questions about the current state of the facilities, I'll try and answer them. Trip report incoming in a day or two!

(Only a few things have narked me so far. First, I don't see the point of checking in on your phone if you still have to line up for the counter to have your passport "approved". Second, boarding pass on the phone is annoying as you have to keep handing over your phone. I'll go back to getting a printed one in future. Third.. some smart alec has blocked the shortcut through the duty free shop! I nearly walked into a shelf of cigarettes.)
#962525 by mitchja
07 Oct 2023, 15:23
Enjoy the Clubhouse and have a great trip :cool:

The passport physical check is a TSA requirement for all airlines that carry pax to the US.

Paper boarding passes are on their way out so make the most of them as they wont be around much longer. Some airlines (EK is one I believe) have already started to phase them out.
#962529 by buns
07 Oct 2023, 17:51
Enjoy the Clubhouse - we are truly envious

We depart from LHR on Wednesday. Regrettably, we will have to “compare & contrast” with the BA offering :-D

Hope you have a good flight

Buns
#962533 by David
07 Oct 2023, 20:55
buns wrote:Enjoy the Clubhouse - we are truly envious

We depart from LHR on Wednesday. Regrettably, we will have to “compare & contrast” with the BA offering :-D

Buns

Not heading to the “dark side” Buns ? :-D
#962540 by buns
09 Oct 2023, 18:23
David wrote:
buns wrote:Enjoy the Clubhouse - we are truly envious

Buns

Not heading to the “dark side” Buns ? :-D

Good Heavens No :-D
In short, we are going to join some former V Flyers for a birthday shindig on the West Coast of the US, utilising some Avios earned by Mrs Buns.
That, said, we followed their Club Flight yesterday and I have to say the food on board seems far, far better than VS :-(
There is also the opportunity to "Lounge Crawl" through T3 - so perhaps all is not lost!!

buns
#962547 by buns
11 Oct 2023, 10:52
Morning All!

Well, I have to say you certainly miss the Heathrow Clubhouse when you cannot get in ;-)

Whilst you can Lounge surf with BA, nothing come close to what Virgin offers - event Cathay

Service and loos in BA, AA and CX not as good as VS

Buns
#962553 by petercooper
11 Oct 2023, 21:21
I'm now on my way back from SFO and sat in the SFO Clubhouse. It's not at all what it used to be. Surprisingly hot, you can't order alcoholic drinks without going to the bar, and the food is soup, salad, a noodle bowl, or a croissant. The drink I did order was delivered in silence. If I were hemming and hawing over whether to fly UC on the return leg in future, the SF CH would no longer sway my decision :-(

In the interests of ending on something nice, I really, really, really liked the A350 UC suite on the way over, contrary to almost everyone else it seems. It felt private, snug, and I liked facing outwards. On a 787 on the way back though so everyone can watch me sleep :cool:

Update an hour or so later: Aha, they're back on to a full menu now!
#962558 by David
12 Oct 2023, 08:28
buns wrote:Morning All!

Well, I have to say you certainly miss the Heathrow Clubhouse when you cannot get in ;-)

Whilst you can Lounge surf with BA, nothing come close to what Virgin offers - event Cathay

Service and loos in BA, AA and CX not as good as VS

Buns

Hey Buns, whats the chance of a comparison trip report ?

David
Virgin Atlantic