This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962890 by Darby67
02 Dec 2023, 10:15
Hi
I wonder if someone could answer a query regarding reward flights. Once booked, are reward flights only valid for 12 months, starting from when you book them, so if you want to rearrange the flights it has to be a date within that timeframe?
Thank you
#962891 by Nottingham Nick
02 Dec 2023, 11:40
I am not sure what you mean.

Are you talking about reward flights or some sort of voucher being valid?

When you book a reward flight, the date is fixed. If you cancel the flight, the points are simply put back into your account (there is also an admin fee, unless you are gold).

Virgin points no longer expire.

Can you clarify exactly what you are asking, please?

Nick
#962893 by Darby67
02 Dec 2023, 12:43
Hi Nick,
Sorry for the confusion, I booked a reward flight using miles in January 2023 to travel in December 2023. I rang flying club to see if I could change the date of travel (paying a change fee obvs) from dec 23 to feb 2024 and they told me that I couldn’t take it past the 12 month mark from when I made the original booking i.e Jan 23 so if I wanted to change the flights it would have to be to a date before then. They said all reward flights have a 12 month validity so if you ever change the reward flight date it has to be within that 12 months.
I just thought I’d ask the good people on here to double check that the information given to me was correct
Thanks again
#962895 by Nottingham Nick
02 Dec 2023, 13:40
I didn’t know that, but can’t say the Agent is wrong #everydayisaschoolday :-D

It seems to me, your only option is to cancel your December 23 flights and then rebook for February 24 - if there is availability

Alternatively - try calling again and see if the second agent says the same

Nick
Virgin Atlantic