For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#962905 by catsilversword
05 Dec 2023, 10:31
Am I right in thinking someone on here mentioned that emailing Andy at the above site results in better rates? Prices are looking much more reasonable that I’ve seen in a while, but just wanted to check back here with the experts 8-)
#962906 by Murraymint
05 Dec 2023, 12:39
I’ve only ever emailed Andy once and at that time he said that his website prices were the best he could do. For my coming April trip, I found some good prices on Auto Europe last week so have booked through them for Alamo.
#962912 by Northern Lad
05 Dec 2023, 22:12
I checked pricing with Andy for our last trip and it wasn't much different than anyone else, but rented Alamo in Florida through Andy this November.
At the end of that trip I wanted a car for a few hours in Texas which showed at £98 on his website, so I emailed him late in the evening and he promptly sent a link - which showed same price...
However when I then booked it he managed to price it at £65 which was a pleasant surprise. I checked and he confirmed that.
So he is definitely on my list of suppliers to check for next spring.
He seems to have a good reputation on another Florida forum for being helpful.
#962916 by Treelo
06 Dec 2023, 14:09
I got the best price for our upcoming trip in May (to Florida) from Andy, and I have cancelled twice and rebooked at a better price with no penalty too. Don 't know what's going on with VH prices at the moment but their rental fees (using Hertz) are outrageous. S'ppose they've got to pay for the new contract somehow ;-)
Virgin Atlantic